The developments of technology, particularly in e-books, may cause abandonment of the printed media

irfan727 49 / 68 29  
With recent developments in technology like e-books, some people feel that printed media like books, newspaper and magazines will soon be a thing of the past. others feel that these forms of media will never disappear.

what is your opinion?

These days, in globalization era, the developing of media has significant increased. Past, people only read the information from printed media such as newspaper or magazine which is only release in several times like once a day even twice in a month. Overall, at present citizens can gain knowledge from electronic book (e-book) which they must not open real book, even though the development of technology particularly in virtual book. This cannot transform the function of printing media. I strongly believe that both between e-book and printed media will be complete each other.

First, the main reason why e-book cannot change the position of printed book is usually in special case like people want to read fast and easily, they prefer to choose that. This is caused they have habit to read from formed media than from virtual media. For instance, the inhabitants who stay in rural area, they tend to know news from newspaper which this has been a daily consuming. This different with the individuals who are looking for simple for reading articles. They certainly prefer to read from portable documents.

However, portable document or e-book has the same functions as printed media which deliver the information from writer to reader. The difference is only the form of that media. The advantage of e-book is the people can save that documents on their smartphone without worrying to bring a great deal of books. For example, the students can save all of their lessons into their sophisticated device like PC or mobile phone so they can open that everywhere and every time.

The aforementioned evidence that e-book becomes a valuable media which has similar benefits as printing media although a half of people state to prefer bringing their hand phone which inside there are some portable documents so they can read simply.
Irfan, you have presented a unique take on this discussion. Most of the prompts using this normally ask if you believe that print media will disappear because of e-media. Your idea that they will simply continue to compete with each other is one that could actually hold true as the future of the written media continues to evolve. The ideas that you presented to help support your thesis are some which can actually be seen as holding truth because of the way that print media continues to exist alongside electronic media. It is clear that you argued the essay from the point of view of a traditionalist, who prefers to hold paper with ink imprinted on it, and the millenial point of view, that of someone accustomed to using an e-reader. Both points are valid when taken in the context of the prompt you provided.However, I have some other opinions regarding the statements that you made. I'll address them below. That said, I still have to point out that while your method of expressing your thoughts has improved, there are still some mistakes that exist which we can address:

These days, in globalization era, the developing of media has significant increased.
It would seem that print media has evolved during our current era of globalization.

IN THE past, people only read the information from printed media such as newspaper or magazine which is only release in several times like once a day even twice in a month. THAT CAME OUT ON A DAILY BASIS OR TWICE A MONTH.

AT present citizens can gain knowledge from AN electronic book (e-book) which open DOES NOT OPEN LIKE A real book, even though the development of technology particularly in virtual book . - The latter part of your sentence does not make any sense.

This cannot transform the function of printing media. - Why? Isn't an ebook part of print media as well? It is also composed of electronic ink and its pages are represented by a screen. We see written words on it that we read. Isn't that the definition of print media?

First, the main reason why e-book cannot change ...
... They certainly prefer to read from portable documents.

- There is room to strengthen this weak line of reasoning. Remember that e-books are far easily more accessible than books that have to be found in the library. The e-book is available as long as an internet connection is available. Why not drop the reference to the ebook in this area and instead, just discuss how the lack of internet in the rural areas makes the need for printed books and other reading material in ink form vital for the education and information of the people there? This is not one time to compare and contrast because you are talking about an area with limited internet access. There is no comparison when one factor does not exist in the same place.

- There is a deviation from the discussion at this point. You claimed that people can read using print media fast and easily, which is the claim that electronic media such as e-book readers make as well. It is always best to discuss these points coming from the same angle. So in this case, you should have informed the reader that these are the claims made by people living in areas where the internet connections are reliable. That way you create a connection between your rural area dwellers and your city dwelling counterparts when it comes to the way they view the two forms of media. This will also create a more solid line of reasoning as to why they would end up competing instead of cancelling each other out in terms of use.

Home / Writing Feedback / The developments of technology, particularly in e-books, may cause abandonment of the printed media