What is the difference between work and fun?

ayumiike 1 / -  

work versus fun

If someone asks you to go to the water park or to work in a restaurant. Which one would you choose? You probably have a clear distinction in mind but fun doesn't mean it's not useful and work can be very useless. So almost seems like the only difference is our willingness to pursue it.

But first, clarify what is work. It's an activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result. First, it implies exhausted and difficulty. Second, it is reward oriented it already puts you in a mindset it's something you have to do. What about fun? Fun is an enjoyable activity in the present the journey itself is the reward and the activity is considered effortless. It's something you want to do. You probably wouldn't classify taking out the trash is fun unless you have some sweet method to do it. But you might not consider something incredibly useful work.

If you a lot of video games all day long I know people certainly didn't consider productive and I did that. But the fact is you used a lot of effort to pursue an enjoyable activity all day long. If you did the same thing with work people would consider your crazy productive what if there are more activity like that or you can make other activities more fun.

In my high school my favorite teachers were always the funny ones and this ties in because kids wanted to listen it never felt like work. It's the perfect way to plant a lifetime worth of disinterest. I still have topics I just hate because I have bad teachers in school and as far as I'm concerned that's a failing grade for the teacher but we all teach each other we are all teachers we are responsible to bring joy and fun and just share our passions.

Work is inherently a short-term strategy you do it until something better comes along. If you live forever what would you do if money didn't matter what would you do? If you had a year to live what would you do? Easier than done preferably you want to pursue your passions. But first, you need to be open to the possibility of having fun when you decide to do something. If you order doing an activity. At least make it as painless as possible you often see people who just doing something like I'm doing this but having a bad mood and I'm not liking this. What's the point does that make it more fun not really. It certainly doesn't make it better.
Spark00eh - / 7  
But first, let me clarify what work really is. It's It is an activity involving mental or physical effort done performed in order to achieve a purpose or result. First, it implies......

you wrote "first" twice before moving on to "second"........maybe change that
camkimble 2 / 3  
you should change is to as when you say
... classify taking out the trash is as fun ...
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@ayumiike
Hey, welcome to the forum. I hope this feedback helps you in your writing endeavors. If it does somehow, don't be afraid to come back to us.

I'll try to move away from the specific feedback as the others have already provided this. Instead, I want to focus on giving general tips from my observations of your writing.

Generally, your writing lacks the academic proficiency that is often sought after. This is due to the lack of punctuation. A few of the sentences appeared to be cluttered because of the lack of transition words as well.

While you were able to incorporate as much detail as possible, your story-telling needs to be enhanced by adding more adjectives or descriptors. I've noticed how you had lacked depth primarily because of this reason. I heavily recommend that you focus on strengthening the way that you picture scenarios in your writing to have a more dedicated approach to writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / What is the difference between work and fun?