The differences of Education in Vietnam

pphanhh 1 / -  

methods in 1945 and now

The similarity between the method in 1945 and now is a classroom where teachers are standing on the podium, while students sit down and listen, following the teacher. Traditional education is defined as teacher-centered delivery of instruction to classes of students who are the receivers of information. This is a traditional learning method so there are disadvantages such as passive students, teachers cannot care for each student.

Besides, students can not find strengths, weaknesses in themselves.

In addition to, the more developed the society, the more developed the education. So there are many differences between previous and present education :

August 1945, the end of War Word II. The Janpanese and the French were defeated by Viet Minh. Since then, Ho Chi Minh declared Vietnam's independence. The goals of the historical period were: ''Fighting huger, poverty and illiterate'' as three key important tasks of then Vietnamese Government and people so curricula were simplified to focus on productive requirement of wartime. For the entire country, there will be literacy classes established for farmers and workers to attend at night. That is training skills : reading, writing,... Teachers don't need any degree because they taught the simple things while the students were of all ages, gender. January 1946, lauched a campaign against illiteracy. Within less than a year, 75 thousand literacy classes with nearly 96 thousand teachers to help 2.5 million people get out of illiteracy.

Now, education in Vietnam is a state-run system of public and private education run by the Ministry of Education and Training. It is divided into five levels: preschool, primary school, secondary school, high school, and higher education. Unlike in 1945, Vietnamese education has improved from curriculum, methodology, facilities,... At present, there are many teaching programs meeting European standards. The classrooms are spacious, fully equipped with: air conditioner, projector, TV. Teachers outside of the lecture will have students discuss and do group work, although this is less effective because of a large number of students. The program is also more difficult than in many subjects such as math, physics, chemistry,...

Most professions can point to dramatic changes in the way they work, thanks to technological innovations, but teaching still looks and feels an awful like says Williams. "It is starting to change, but it has been incredibly slow." The change to become better is very important. So it will be interesting to see how these changes continue into the future as our society and culture grows and develops.
Dang Khoa 11 / 42  
First, I see you got nice ideas and it has improved your essay, but I think there are some points that have constrained the way it goes :), as i can see like :

- After any should be a plural noun, means "degrees". ( at the 4th paragraph )
- And finally, idk what is this kind of essay, like ielts or toefl, so idk how i can help you !
Phuong, your essay is very confusing to read. It feels like you are just picking up the discussion points from any point in the history of Vietnam and its educational development. The essay you have does not have a clear beginning, middle, and conclusion to the presentation. You need to fix this by developing a more coherent presentation of the history of Vietnamese education. I suggest the following outline for this discussion:

1. History of Vietnamese education before colonization
2. Vietnamese education under colonial rule
3. The new educational platform of Vietnam (post colonialization)
4. Modern Vietnamese education

Within each section for discussion, you can do a comparison of previous educational models with the model that replaced it and then look at why the next version was a more efficient educational system than the previous one. That way, when you reach the modern educational method, you will have clearly explained not only the evolution of education, but why Vietnamese education is finally a class unto itself as an admirable educational foundation for today's Vietnamese youth.

Home / Writing Feedback / The differences of Education in Vietnam