Differences in the universal trend in using water for 3 distinct purposes over a period of 100 years

knhusone 3 / 6  
Writing task 1 - Global water use by sector

Q: The graph and table below give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main feature and make comparisons where relevant.

The graph reveals differences in the universal trend in using water for 3 distinct purposes over a period of one hundred years, while the table shows different water consumption of Brazil and Congo in the year 2000.

It is obvious that the global use of water in all three sector grew steadily, especially in agriculture. Additionally, in 2000, Brazil had a greater size of population, irrigated area and individual water consumption tha Congo.

As can be seen from the graph, in the beginning year 1900, water was used most by the world for agricultural activities with approximately 5000 km3, whereas in the other sectors, including industry and domesticity, the figures were very comparatively low. Their usage increased gradually and became more dramatically since 1950. At the end of the period, in 2000, the world consumed up to 3000 km3 water for farming tasks, which was over twice as much as in industrial use. Household activities accounted for the lowest volume of water used, at about 4000 km3.

In addition, tha data given shows Brazil utilized much water than Democratic Republic of Congo. There was a population of 176 million in Brazil, compared to only 5.2 million in Congo in 2000. Besides, this country had up to 26500 km2 of farming land, which was 256 times greater than Congo. Also, their personal use of water was noticeably higher than Congo as it reached up to 359 m3, while in the other country only 8 m3 was consumed by every individual.

If possible, please give me an estimated band score. Thanks so much.
Click to see the image more clearly.

OP knhusone 3 / 6  
Q: Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

One essay at one time, please
Hi Tran, I may not be able to give you the band score but one thing I can do is to let you know that you manage to elaborately analyze the graph, the way you understood the graph transpired freely all through out the essay.

Furthermore, the analysis captured the right format of formal writing in the analysis. For future writing reference, mind your punctuation marks, the proper placement of your linking verbs as well as this minor details are often left out through out your writing. You tend to be immersed in your writing that you forget the little details of the sentences.

Otherwise, the analysis is written well and in the exact manner of analysis writing. I believe what mattered in this analysis is the fact that you understand the graph and this is depicted in your writing. I hope to review more of your writing projects soon.

Home / Writing Feedback / Differences in the universal trend in using water for 3 distinct purposes over a period of 100 years