Different amount of holiday entitlement

solivagant 8 / 15 6  

number of holiday days depended from a job type?

Some say that people working in different job roles should get different amount of holiday time. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.

Some people think that the number of holiday days should vary according to occupations, which is based on the assumption that some of them are more demanding than the others. But, I believe we need to adopt a more egalitarian approach in workplaces.

Firstly, the amount of time off one needs is quite subjective. So, any decision can lead to the disputes among workers. Most employees tend to regard their own jobs more exhausting than that of others`. Also, some of them might get tired easily, because they do almost the same things every day. For example, although I enjoyed my previous job, it became monotonous after several months. So, I needed to take a break in order to make it exciting again. Besides, mentally demanding jobs can be as hard as physically demanding ones. That is why it is difficult to determine which kinds of occupations deserve more vacation.

Secondly, when people take less holiday they may not be able to fully restore their energy. At the same time, the ones who get more time off can find it hard to readapt to the work. Both can have a negative impact on the productivity and the motivation of employees. So, I think there is an average time limit in which employees may regain their energy and still conform to the workplace quickly. This limit can have slight variations from person to person, but it is usually the same for majority. Therefore, there is no need to discriminate people on the grounds of their job positions. It would be better to apply the same sufficient amount of holiday time which will satisfy nearly everybody.

In conclusion, I disagree that different occupations should be entitled to different number of holiday days, because it is arguable which job roles deserve more of them. Also, it can negatively affect the overall performance of workers, even the ones who get more holiday entitlement than others.
tralamdinh - / 1  
But, I believe we need to ...--> I think we should use however, instead of but.
which is based on the assumption that ...--> not clear to understand

Home / Writing Feedback / Different amount of holiday entitlement