Essay on different customs between the US and Korea

Dayna 1 / -  
I wrote about the different customs between the US and Korea.
I haven't finished the introductory paragraph and some parts of body paragraph yet, but please check this uncomplete essay.
------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------

The different customs in the US and Korea

Introductory :
Every country has its own customs.
Body :
First, greeting is the most different custom in the US and Korea. For example, in the US, it is customary to shake hands both for men and women when people meet for the first time. In Korea, however, people usually bow each other. Sometimes they shake hands, but it's only for business. Also, In addition, there are many differences between the US and Korean eating custom. First of all, Korean eat rice and hot soup with five or six side dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. American, on the other hand, usually have simple meals like bread and fast food for breakfast and lunch and eat meat or ___ for dinner. Also, people in the US use forks and knives to eat their food; however, people in Korea use chopsticks and spoons. Furthermore, blowing a nose during the meal is very impolite in Korea. Korean go to other place or tern away to blow their noses. In contrast, sniffling during the meal is very dirty and rude for Americans. Blowing a nose is politer In the US. Finally, the eldest at the table always eats first in Korea. No one can pick up their chopsticks until the eldest does. What is more, the wedding custom in the US is different from Korea. In the US, a couple can live together before they get married. Finally, the way of speaking is also different between the US and Korea. In the US, people speak to the elderly, friends, and for the business in the same way; in Korea, people cannot speak to them in the same way, however. They use polite expressions to the elderly or someone who is order than them. Even though people are the same age, they have to use it for the first time; otherwise, it is really rude. For example, American say hello when they meet people. On the other hand, Korean add the words yo or da after verbs when they say to people who are older than them.
My first thought is that you need to explain the point of the essay. Okay, so Korean and American cultures are different. So what? I mean, you'd expect them to be, right? So what can be learned by looking at the differences? At the moment you just list differences, in no particular order, and for no particular reason, and so the reader is left feeling vaguely interested but a bit confused about why he has bothered to read the essay.
Sean is right, this is a list of cultural differences. I know you aren't finished with it, but what is the point you're trying to make, how does this relate to you? Do you have any personal anecdotes pertaining to the differences in culture?

In Korea, however, people usually bow to each other.

Also, In addition, there are many differences between the US and Korean eating customs .

First of all, Koreans eat rice and hot soup with five or six side dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Americans , on the other hand, usually have simple meals like bread and fast food for breakfast and lunch and eat meat or ___ for dinner.

Koreans go somewhere else or turn away to blow their noses.

Blowing a nose is politermore polite in the US.

They use polite expressions to the elderly or someone who is older than them.

:)

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay on different customs between the US and Korea