Different Roles Played by Men and Women

JanFan 4 / 6  
In some societies, the role of a mother differs in some ways from the role of a father. Why do you think these differences exist? How might the parental role develop in the future?

In a traditional family, a child will be likely to have a father who is harsh to punish and correct him, and a mother who spoils him. This typical pair of the strict father and the sweet mother continues but declines in some modern societies. This essay will outline the reason behind such a combination and describe it's possible future trend.

Long long ago, there formed a clear divide between the roles of males and females. Men hunted animals in dangerous places like the mountains and forests, while women picked fruits or something edible near their houses. Since that time, men, the hunters who thirst for competitions, stand for a symbol of strength and courage. Women, by contrast, specialise at cooperating. They have developed different abilities and characters, leading to their distinguished roles in family.

There also exists a biological distinct, that it is females who give birth to babies. Women's pregnancy lasts for nearly one year, during which they are vulnerable and as a result, they need men to protect them against outside attacks. This also causes women to form amiable personalities and act as gentle wives in family.

However, in recent years, the importance of gender difference has decreased, as many labor-intensive jobs had been taken by machines and robots, and consequently, people are forced to concentrate on and deal with mental activities that require equal effort for both sexes. It is rather evident that females are playing a more active role in every aspect of the social life, such business and politics. Therefore the gap between gender roles is likely to narrow in the future.

To summarise, the difference in roles of both sexes is determined by their biological and cultural differences, whereas this gap would probably be bridged as a result of modern life style.
Hi Jan, I would like to share my thoughts on your essay by adding and enhancing a few sentences with much needed help.

1st paragraph
- will bemost likely to
- This is a typical pair
- mother, ( don't forget your punctuation marks ) continues - outline the reasons behind

2nd paragraph
- there formed a clear dividedivision between - for competitions , stand
- Women, by contraston the contrary ( contrast - is for colors ) ,
- specializ e at in cooperating.

- There also exists a bB iological distinction also exists ,
- that it is, females

There you have it Jan, I do hope that the corrections I made helped and just be careful with the form as well as the tenses of the words you input in your sentences.
yonathan66 30 / 27 5  
Hello Jan. I have read your essay, now let me give you suggestion. Please correct me if i am wrong. Thank you

First Paragraph

describe it's possible future trend. => its possible future trend => i suggest you to read possessive pronoun

Second Paragraph

Long long ago,there formed a clear divide ... =>Long time ago, a clear divide between males and females' role was formed.

They have developed different abilities and characters, leading to their distinguished roles in family. => inconsistency of tense usageas you talk about pas time, so you have to use "had developed" => they had developed different abilities and characters....

Home / Writing Feedback / Different Roles Played by Men and Women