Different strengths and weaknesses of men and women, and suitability to work

y0_3mma 19 / 28 6  
Women and men are commonly seen as having different strengths and weaknesses. Is it right to exclude males or females from certain professions because of their gender?

i personally do not agree with this view, but it was easier for me to agree in this essay. anyway, i've barely found some arguments for it...

Men and women have always been seen as having different strengths and weaknesses, no matter how much some would try to change this point of view. I believe that some professions are especially created for a specific gended (female or male). 41

To begin with, women can understand problems better than men do. It has been scientifically proven that a female nurse would successfully tackle with a patient's pains, while a male nurse would not. For instance, an experienced nurse can understand the pains that a pregnant woman goes through and can give her the perfect advice. This is an example of a profession where a male would not have the proper qualities, since women are more empathetical(?) to others' needs.79

On the other side, men are definitely stronger than women when it comes to physical activities. Police officers, pilots, firemen or mechanics are just a few jobs that would undoubtedly suit a man. This is mainly because he runs faster, can lift heavier objects and fight more efficiently than a woman can. An article published in the Times Newspaper in 2010 revealed that 80% of the cases when a police woman was assigned to catch the burglars were a failure. On the opposite, policemen were successfully able to catch them in 70% of the cases.96

All facts being considered, it can be definitely concluded that certain professions are created especially for women, while others- for men. I am inclined to believe that this is true, as they have different strengths and weaknesses. 37
ganesh_007b 1 / 8 1  
Today is there no profession that offers jobs based on the gender...It's all about person's ability to carry out certain tasks!!!!! U have taken just an example of police officer..But think of the other way, today a single woman is able to run a big MNC, heading the worldwide operations, and even as a country head if u take the example of political system of certain nations!!!!!

I feel U should rethink and state more opinion considering more examples!!!!
colin 23 / 48 15  
I believe that some professions are especially created for a specific gended (female or male).
==>>I believe that males and females are suitable to do different kinds of jobs because of labour needs.

This essay is fine.

I dont think this is a part of your essay :P

I believe that some professions are especially created for a specific gended

.... yes, I am on your side :D
I believe that some professions are especially created for a specific gender.

To begin with, women can understand problems better than men do.

.... Hey.... don't annoy men too much :D
Also, I guess it is better you re-phrase this to give it a more specific presentation rather than one sided general statement : )
To begin with, women are born with more HR skills compared to men and this is the reason they can act as lubricants when there's friction. ... fair enough?
OP y0_3mma 19 / 28 6  
dumi

well, that first sentence wasn't a part of my essay, it was me telling you what I actually thought.

thank you for your comments.

i just can't wait to pass this IELTS exam (hopefully I will), I don't like writing essays

Home / Writing Feedback / Different strengths and weaknesses of men and women, and suitability to work