Different views about what kinds of obligation a company should have

baosoftware1 2 / 1  
As well as making money, businesses also have social responsibilities. Do you agree or disagree?

companies responsibilities toward citizens

People have different views about what kinds of obligation a company should have. While I agree that the top priority of companies is to generate profits, I believe that they should also take responsibilities for society.

On the one hand, for most the company, making money is the precursor in an attempt to survive in a competitive world. Firstly, any companies have to cover its running cost such as employee's salary packages and payments for buildings and utilities. If a company is unable to pay its bills or meet the changing needs of customers, it would face the possibility of the verge of collapse. Secondly, when enterprises earn much money they can broaden their businesses, which opens avenues to seek more employment opportunities for people securing a job. To exemplify, some international corporations and firms such as Apple or Microsoft has been employing hundreds of thousands individuals around the world, which catalyzes to reduce unemployment rates and bolster economy growth in many countries.

On the other hand, there are several reasons why businesses should also accept that they have social responsibilities. The first one is that serious environmental damage is mainly attributed to the rising number of facilities. Therefore, they need to take immediately actions to protect the natural environment. Indeed, they could try new technologies to recycle their wastes instead of disposing them immediately. Another reason is that businesses could use a proportion of their profits to support local charities, especially needy people and those who are less fortunate such as homeless and disabled citizens. It promotes a sense of humanity and leads to the fact that public image of enterprises would be universally popularized.

In conclusion, although I believe that companies prioritize to make profits, I favour that they should have social responsibilities.
@baosoftware1 This essay will immediately fail the task accuracy portion of the scoring guidelines and as such, receive a failing score in the end. That is because you show a clear lack of English comprehension / understanding when it comes to the provided instructions. You decided to discuss both sides of the issue in addition to your personal opinion when all that was being asked of you to do was to pick a side to discuss and then support that discussion with evidence coming from either personal experience or public information. There was no need to discuss both sides in this essay since the instruction uses the word "or" which means a choice must be made. If you were to discuss both sides and give an opinion, the essay would have instructed you to "discuss both sides and give your opinion." Since that is not the instruction, you will be understood to have misunderstood the instructions and effectively discussed the wrong topic in the essay. In such cases, the essay cannot receive a passing score.
Jimmy879873 26 / 55 13  
@baosoftware1 I will be discussing only your opening statement.

You need to paraphrase the topic because this is how you show the ability that you understand the topic.

Not only showing you know the topic talking about, but also you can express to the reader that you have your own words to do so.

About your thesis statement, simplify your sentences into one if you can.

Home / Writing Feedback / Different views about what kinds of obligation a company should have