The digital revolution has fundamentally changed the way that people absorb and transfer information

trinhtthuy2589 1 / -  

Task 2 IELTS WRITTING: The internet

The internet has transformed the way information is shared and consumed, but it has also created problems that did not exist before. What are the most serious problems associated with the Internet and what solutions can you suggest?

Answer:
It is true that the digital revolution has fundamentally changed the way that people absorb and transfer information. This trend can have detrimental impacts on interpersonal communication skills and the cognitive growth of children , but measures can be taken by the government and parental controls to tackle this issue.

To begin with, excessive dependence on Internet usage can exert adverse impacts on people's social life as it has diminished real-life communication between families, friends and relatives. With the advent of social platforms and an active world-wide-web connection, cyber citizens can get access to video conferences , emails and online chatroom which allow global connection without travelling. Consequently, they will be less interested in face-to-face conversations , even be gradually isolated from the society. Another problem anticipated with the over reliance on wireless connection is that it provides access to numerous inappropriate contents to its users, including children. As Internet give people a chance to easily have public voice and upload their own materials without being heavily censored before being posted, fraudulent information and negative thoughts are rife on Internet sites. As a result, many youngsters may be able to access to those dangerous sites which then will harmfully affects their psychological growth and academic performance.

However, several viable solutions by the authorities and parents can be implemented to address the negative effects associated with the Internet. The first solution is that government can promote campaigns to raise students' awareness of the deleterious influences of using wireless network connection. These activities should be carried out in schools and universities by being incorporated extracurricular sessions related to computer training and Internet usage . Secondly, parents should consistently control the online activities of their kids. With the existence of cutting-edge technology, parents can monitor and restricts their children's access to certain sites by different computer program such as TeamViewer.

In conclusion, while depending excessively on Internet can exert serios effects on individual social intercourse and the development of youngsters, these can be combated with youth education and contrainsts implemented by parents. This is a joint effort by both the government and individuals which can hopefully address this problem and avert a future crisis related to cyber world.
It is true that the digital revolution

Since you are not being asked if the statement originally made is true or false, there is no need to swear by the validity of the statement. You can skip the "It is true" part and just go directly to the topic restatement. That is all that is required of the presentation anyway. Just 3 sentences covering:

- The restated topic
- the problems associated
- Possible solutions related to the problem
Such a discussion should not take more than 3 sentences to present your restatement + question responses. Do not add information to the discussion because it causes restatement falsities that could be deducted from your TA score.

Good work in the discussion presentation paragraphs. These are highly connected and valid reasoning points. The main problem that you now face relates to the conclusion. You have incorrectly spelled words that affect the clarity of the sentences:

contrainsts

= constraints

Additionally, parents cannot be referred to as

individuals

. Rather, you may refer to them as parentage or paternities. Individuals basically means people, and people, do not really care about how the internet affects children, unless they are the parents of the children.

Home / Writing Feedback / The digital revolution has fundamentally changed the way that people absorb and transfer information