Do the disadvantages of using e-mail surpass the advantages?

quocviet 1 / -  

Electronic mail evaluation

Using e-mail play an important role in the modern life, there are hundreds of thousands e-mail sent every day. In spite of a number of disadvantages, the advantages of using e-mail outweigh the disadvantages.

The obvious benefit of using e-mail is convenience and quickness, it takes only a few minutes to send letters to someone on trains, buses or even on beds. For example, Mark Zuckerberg (founder of Facebook) has sent the e-mail to his coworker announcing "The facebook" is renamed "Facebook" at lunch time. The convenience may bring some troubles, such as people can be get tens of spam e-mail from marketing online firms.

Another advantage of using e-mail is helping record conversation in business, which can be the evidence in law. Approximately 100,000 annual lawsuits were solved basing on evidence from e-mail. Reversely, e-mail may be attacked by hackers and your business information can be leaked. Currently, email service providers have integrated strong security methods to protect your information, therefore, people do not need to worry about leaking information.

In conclusions, in spite of a number disadvantages, the advantages of using e-mail still surpass the disadvantages. I suggest we should use the prestigious brand of e-mail providers, such as Google, Yahoo.
kikiyiu 5 / 12 2  
1. Millions email is sent and received every day.
2. Another advantage of using e-mail is to record......
- Succinctness is everything.

3. Mark Zuckerberg (founder of Facebook) had sent an email announcing that..........
LadyOfClockwork 30 / 102  
@quocviet
I'm afraid you are not allowed to explain the advantages only. The question is essentially "Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages". That is, you have to explain the disadvantages too and then explain why the advantages prevail.

I notice that you used "in spite of" twice. Try to use a substitute (despite, etc.) for the phrase to diversify your presentation. And "in conclusions" is wrong. You should have written "in conclusion".
Kavan, your response is inaccurate. This is a comparison of opinion discussion. Since you are being asked to weigh the advantage and disadvantage of the use of email, each paragraph should follow a specific presentation of information:

1. Disadvantage topic
2.supporting sentence
3. Advantage topic in relation to the disadvantage
4. Supporting reason
5. Example

Each paragraph, based on the method of discussion presented should be strongly represented in 5 sentences. That is to give space for an accurate comparison discussion with a fully developed presentation included. Right now, your essay doesn't really do that. You also quote "100000 lawsuits" in your essay. Where did that figure come from? That was researched information wasn't it? You won't be able to do research at the testing center. Don't fall into any habits while doing your practice tests, such as research from outside sources, that you won't be able to do at the actual test center because you will be unable to function without the facilities you mistakenly got used to using during the practice runs.

Home / Writing Feedback / Do the disadvantages of using e-mail surpass the advantages?