SAT: disagreement makes progress

beibeibajin 4 / 6 1  
Sometimes it is only with consonance will we progress our proposal. Because we want to get credit and dare not to take risks processing what had been put down by the majority. To many of us, to undertake "invalid" projects is to be victims of repudiation. However, as for me, progressing disagreements is not annoying; rather, it has benefits.

First of all, dissonance is the source of innovation. According to Steven Jobs's famous saying, "it is necessary to process your project when two or three people confirm your idea, but it is too late to process when more than seven people agree on that." His point of view gives us a perspective that innovation lies in what the majority is not in favor of. From the general review of the history, a lot of pioneers of note all illustrate the point that disagreement is necessary to progress. For example, Van Gogh, a post-impressionist, only received reputation posthumously. His early style of paintings was a fusion of different schools of impressionism, but it finally became a style of his own. This was not a good omen because he was out of fame during his life and was disdained of his somewhat abstract style. Despite the silent disagreement and his intermittent insanity, he insisted on painting every time he was sane. And of course, his groundbreaking style was now highly regarded and his masterpieces were well preserved in museums.

In addition, contemporaries' disagreements are not always valid: they do not have clairvoyance or they just want to be conservative, yielding to conform to the majority. For instance, J.K.Rowling's first book of Harry Potter series was sent to eight publishers before it was eventually considered. At that time, in order to get lucrative business, publishers only issued books which had already cratered readers need. Rowling's fantasy book seemed not more than a failure. However, this controversial series had turned out to be a huge success.

Since disagreements represent inspiration; since dissonances of the majority may be injustice, it is necessary to process projects which others do not see with. At least, we can see if we deserve to try.
jineshwar1995 1 / 6  
This should get a minimum score of 5.
A nice essay indeed ;)

Home / Writing Feedback / SAT: disagreement makes progress