IELTS: 'disaster situations' - todays individuals are becoming more dependent on each other

swfchn 1 / 1  
title: Some people think that in the modern society individuals are becoming more dependent on each other,while others say that individuals are becoming more independent of each other. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

It seems that people have heavy reliance on others because they have to collaborate with each other to tackle tough issues in some conditions, but I do believe that in modern society,with the prevalence of technology , they gradually rely less on each other and lead a mobile lifestyle.

It is sensible that someone hold the view that it is necessary for those people who are suffering from a natural disaster to work together and help each other. When comes to these extremely difficulties, a group of people always have done better than individuals and finally overcome them.Fox example, in an earthquake, the search team that involves a great variety of the work of transport,medicine,sanitary, food supplication and so on can delivery more efficient outcomes than individuals do.

On the other hand, the advance of web-based technology practically enables people to work individually, and they possibly get more freedom to do whatever they want and live in a solitary lifestyle. They are able to collect information needed in workplace on the Internet and sort out these data materials by specialized software which can be downloaded from websites , instead of communicating with colleagues and getting experience from them. It is also convenient for them to book train ticket online enjoying their holiday without getting themselves in the train station to buy it.

The process of globalization and urbanization also is responsible for people's independent lifestyle.they have to migrate to metropolis or rich countries, where they can find decent and well-paid employment easier than in their hometown and get benefits from social welfare and education system.this means that they live away from their parents,and friends and they have no time to maintain contact with old friends because they has occupied by numerous trivial things such as household chores and financial management.

To summarize, I believe that people are likely to be more independent and society is mobile.they can work and live alone with high technology, although they need to help each other in some disaster situations.
mvettri 6 / 10 11  
It seems that people have heavy reliance on others

It seems that people rely heavily on others

It is sensible that someone hold the view

that someone seems to be incorrect. please check.

When comes to these extremely difficulties,
However, when it comes to difficult situations,

Fox example, in an earthquake, the search team that involves a great variety of the work of transport,medicine,sanitary, food supplication and so on can delivery more efficient outcomes than individuals do.

For example, after an earthquake, the rescue workers who have a wide range of tasks, such as, transportation, medical and food supplies and so on, can delivery more efficiently than what individuals can do.
OP swfchn 1 / 1  
this is my first essay posted in this website, thanks for your help mvettri and hamedmas .
i really appreciate your comments.
It seems that people have heavy reliance on othersone another because they have to collaborate with each other(sounds repetitive :( ... )it is easier to tackle tough challenges and issues in some conditionslife , but I do believe that in modern society,with the prevalence of technology , they gradually rely less on each other and lead a mobilemore independent lifestyle.

Good introduction :)

It is sensible that someone hold the view that it is necessary for those people who are suffering from a natural disaster to work together and help each other.

Well, you've got to pay more attention to the issue topic .... you are supposed to talk about whether previous generations had more dependence on each other than the modern people. Always stay focused to your topic requirements.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: 'disaster situations' - todays individuals are becoming more dependent on each other