Discovering the stories and facts connected to the house or the building in which we reside

linh_nguyen90 2 / 3  
IELTS Writing Task 2:
In some countries, more and more people are becoming interested in finding out about the history of the house or building they live in.

What are the reasons for this? How can people research this?

Answer:

People in certain nations are getting more keen on discovering the stories and facts connected to the house or the building in which they reside. I assume that this trend happens more in the cases of ancient houses and areas that have a history. Firstly this essay will discuss what motivates people to make research, and secondly, how information can be figured out.

There are several reasons that encourage people to do research. Some people take it serious to know the past of the place where they live because they will feel more connected to it. The story behind a house or a building can make people living in it feel proud, therefore using it to boast in a random conversation with friends. Finding facts about something also provide a chance to learn new things. For example, architect enthusiasts can study the house's ancient architectural style and the construction techniques that keep it standing through decades, or even centuries.

Looking for information about the past of a certain construction is not as difficult as we may think. Data can be found in existing researches and related newspaper articles. The Internet now enables us to easily access such information with just a click at home without having to immerse ourselves in books and materials at libraries. Talking with the neighborhood can also be an effective way. The neighbors that have been living in the area for a long time can be the most lively books and may tell stories that cannot be found anywhere else.

In conclusion, researching the history behind a resident site can be amused to many individuals and the facts are approachable in different ways.
Do not make assumptions in the presentation as this indicates the writer is not confident of his opinion. The task 2 essay is an analytical opinion statement and must be stated with confidence in the facts provided. There are no right or wrong answers so there need not be an "on the fence" response. By the way, the essay requires discussion outlines, not repeated instructions. State the topic responses directly, without a discussion.

The response paragraphs are clearly presented with proper samples. More transition words /sentence usage would have added scoring substance though. The writer needs to develop a better summary conclusion over 2-5 sentences for proper scoring application.
OP linh_nguyen90 2 / 3  
Posts

Thank you so much for your support. I'll be noted and improve the writing

Home / Writing Feedback / Discovering the stories and facts connected to the house or the building in which we reside