Discuss your academic goals and how American University would help you achieve them??

restinpizza 7 / 15  
I have always been extremely passionate about history: a concept shaped by discovery and connection. It is what drives my passion for life and exploration further. American University gives me the opportunity to explore history of almost every facet of human existence-with programs from Arab World Studies to Jewish Studies to French Studies to European Studies. The facets of knowledge that would become available to me at American University are extensive and the possibility of that makes me very excited for a future with American University alongside me.

Another exciting facet of attending American University is the community of people it has and attracts. American University is known as one of the most diverse campuses in the country and is located in the center hub of an international powerhouse. The sharing and listening of opinions is highly encouraged: an environment I admire and greatly want to be a part of. The community is diverse, not only on the outside but on the inside. I want to open myself up to these different opinions and cultures. Having the opportunity to indulge myself in different cultures allows me to have a better understanding and a more passionate empathy for the world, and therefore lets me connect myself in a deeper and more profound way than I could have previously imagined. As a high school student, there is so much left in the world that I want to experience. Learning foreign countries and their traditions is completely different than immersing yourself within those different cultures and American University gives me the opportunity to do that.
Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
Well done! However, there are some British words in your speech. Therefore, i suppose you should consider whether it is an appropriate thing.:D
hpharsh5 2 / 9 3  
Your essay is good, but there are a few things I'd recommend you revise;
"It is what drives my passion for life and exploration further"
I suggest you say "passion for life and further exploration". You might also want to build up on this, telling the admissions officer what you mean by "further exploration", this would let them know what you want out of this university.

"opportunity to explorethehistory"

"The sharing and listening of opinions is highly encouraged"
This obviously implies that the university is a very friendly place, right? I think the way you put it sounds a little off key with the rest of the essay, you might want to revise that.

Overall, I like your essay very much, but I think you could improve it a little (or a lot). You might also want to add MORE of what the question asks you about, "Your academic goals and how American university will help you achieve them". For example, say that you wanted to do a double major in Literature and World History, you could say something along the lines of "Due to the incredible flexibility that American University offers, I will be able to pursue both Literature and World History". Try to praise the university when referring to "How American University will help you achieve your goals", and show them that you've done your research and know what you like about their university. But also keep in mind that you don't want to wander off too much and end up NOT answering the question, make sure you let them know what you want out of the university as well.

Good Luck!!

Home / Writing Feedback / Discuss your academic goals and how American University would help you achieve them??