Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in a media rich society

hayaalqasem 9 / 17  
Write about the following topic:
It is becoming more and more difficult to escape the influence of the media on our lives.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in a media rich society.(IELTS-Academic)
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.
Media is a two-sided sword. It has a huge effect on human's life in all arenas. These effects include advantages and disadvantages.

Media is beneficial to societies and individuals. The most crucial benefit is providing information and knowledge about local and abroad news. For example, watching Television informs individuals about political events such as conflicts, wars , and economic data such as currencies, prices of precious metals or stocks. In addition , it aware people about dangers and give them health instructions to save their life. Moreover, Media can be an important tool for all sectors of society: disadvantaged and poor people, politicians and officials, merchants and investors, teachers and students when It gives them an opportunity to express their opinions and interests. For example, In Jordan many women killed because of what is so-called "honor killing" but women' rights societies succeeded in establishing a law to punish those criminals by highlight on this dangerous issue through Media in 2012.

On the other hand, media can be source of lies , rumors, and falsification the truth. For example, media depict the fighters for freedom in Iraq as terrorists. In addition, commercials and advertisements influence on individuals to purchase specific products although these products are harmful for their health such as Coca cola or Nescafe . These companies have a domination on different types of media in our lives.

In conclusion, despite the fact that media is a significant tool in our lives, It can be beneficial and detrimental. Thus people must be warn of it.
singr7 1 / 2 2  
Good introduction to topic. Some suggestions, largely on grammar and a few on construction of sentence. I hope this helps you.
It has a huge effect on human's life in all arenas. These effects include advantages and disadvantages. It impacts our lives significantly in both positive and negative ways.

The most crucial benefit is providing information and knowledge about local and abroad news The most valuable benefit of media is to disseminate information and knowledge about local and foreign events.

In addition , it awaremakes people aware about dangers and give them health instructions to save their life life-saving instructions.

..merchants and investors, teachers and students when where It it gives them an..

For example, In Jordan many women were killed because of what is so-called "honor killing" but women' rights societies succeeded in establishing a law to punish those criminals by highlight on this dangerous issue through Media in 2012.

..and falsification ofthe truth
..media depictdepicts the fighters..

These companies have a domination ondominate different types of media in our lives.
In conclusion, despite the fact that media is a significant tool in our lives, It it can be beneficial and detrimental. Thus, people must be warnconscious of it and should perform due diligence of information before believing it.
Earthyrain - / 2 1  
Media is a two-sided sword. double-edged
The other mistakes were caught by singr7.

I like your approach and organization; however I think your answer is a bit too formulaic. Your general essay follows an effect, example, introduction to next effect style, and, in my opinion, combining some sentences, adding more commentary, and showing a bit of why these effects are important to you and society would be beneficial to both the flow and add personality.

Home / Writing Feedback / Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in a media rich society