DISCUSS: WHICH IS BETTER, DISTANCE LEARNING OR TRADITIONAL CLASSROOM?

studyingabroad 5 / 10 5  
Topic: Some students like to take distance-learning course by computer. Other students prefer to study in traditional classroom settings with a teacher. Discuss advantages of both opinions, and state your opinion about how students should organize their schedules.

Distance or traditional education?

Answer:

Some of students nowadays advocate the distance-learning courses due to the benefits that development of technology brings about while others remain skeptical about this trend and still raise their strong voice to the traditional teaching method which involves in teachers and classroom. This essay will discuss the merits of both arguments and point out my personal view about the way of putting a balance among children's daily activities.

On the one hand, students will reap great benefits when choosing distance education. Firstly, online courses often differ in a wide range of majors and sorts of degree from educational instituitions all over the globe. Besides, they also provide learners with a plenty of time slots so that we can fit our study around the work and home life. Consequently, this modern method brings about convenience and flexibility to us. Secondly, online learning facilitates us to participate whenever and wherever without moving. As a result, it does cost less time and money in movement.

On the other hand, traditional classroom is deemed unalternative for most of students. First and foremost, many of them consider conventional form of class a more efficient way of learning and improving social skills. For people who learn better through cooperative activities and group work, the possibility of asking questions and receiving immediate answers is important. Another advantage of traditional classroom learning is that it provides students with a fixed schedule and specific periods dedicated exclusively to learning. Most adults immerse in the fast-paced lives these days, whether they have a demanding job or children in school. Thus, going to school appears to be indispenable for children.

In conclusion, considering aforementioned reasons, it is belived that each approach offers certain merits for students. Personally, I suppose that learners should combine all of them; for example, they can take part in extra online classes after school time or at weekends in case of preparing for important exams. Having proper schedule will utterly boost their learning productivity.

(327 words)
I am not sure why you are over writing in the Task 2 essay. You should be focusing on polishing your content instead of the word count. You see, when you write long essays, beyond the 275-290 words, there is a greater tendency for you to not be able to spot and correct your errors. In this essay, you have several spelling errors, unclear statements, and lexical resource issues. Having read your essay thoroughly, I believe that the reason you failed to spot the errors is that you thought writing a long essay would make up for the possible scoring errors. Nothing could be further from the truth. If your teacher is telling you to write more words to score better then your teacher is doing you a disservice. You need a teacher who will help you score better by considering the rubic sections and enhancing your capabilities in writing based on those scoring considerations.

You have an open ended essay. You cannot "conclude" an essay, which is a summary of the previous discussion, then present a personal opinion within the paragraph. You do not end up summarizing your discussion points at that point, you merely continue the discussion, and create an improper paragraph format in the process. The opinion should be a stand alone paragraph before the concluding summary.
OP studyingabroad 5 / 10 5  
Could you kindly show me some of my mistakes in lexis, and suggest some ideas for my conclusion? Because my teacher taught me to put my personal opinion in the conclusion and not mention about it in the left part of the essay.
tctc8797 4 / 5  
I think the essay format should be like:
Introduction
Advantage
Disadvantage
Your opinion
Conclusion

5 Total paragraphs would be better

Home / Writing Feedback / DISCUSS: WHICH IS BETTER, DISTANCE LEARNING OR TRADITIONAL CLASSROOM?