IELTS WRITING TASK 2. discuss about the increasing products consumption.

jolie25 1 / 3  
Nowadays, some countries encourage people to buy more and more products, which is good for the economy while others believe it is bad for society.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

In today's modern world, it would be argued by some that increasing products consumption is a bad thing for society. In my opinion, however, it would be more beneficial for the economy to purchase more and more goods.

On the one hand, there are a number of reasons why some believe that the rise in products consumption has an adverse impact on society. The primary reason is the throw-away lifestyle, which means people throw away the products when they have something new and they still can be used. This leads to scarcity of resources and is detrimental to the environment. For example, nowadays, many youngsters try to catch the trend on TikTok and Youtube, and then they bought a massive amount of junk food to make a video review of that kind of food and they threw the rest away. Besides, so many people do not have enough food, freshwater, and necessary items. that type of behavior creates a bigger gap between rich and poor in society and a lack of raw materials for the production process.

On the other hand, I would argue that when citizens purchase product in bulk, which could boost the manufacturing economy. It would be beneficial for the government due to the increase in taxes After that the pressure problems such as poor infrastructure, climate change, and environmental pollution would be addressed by the government whereby the economy could develop sustainably. Furthermore, when the cash flow is continuously circulated, inflation would be much lower than saving money in the bank. As a result, the value of money could be increased, and this is very beneficial to the economy.

In conclusion, although some people think that it would be detrimental to society when people buy more and more goods, I personally believe that it would be better for the economy to spend money on shopping.
The writer did not offer an accurate prompt restatement. His presentation is of a general reference while the original subject was based on the premise that "... some countries encourage people to buy more and more products". The focus being on countries. The student instead wrote, "increasing products consumption is a bad thing for society." The discussion target was altered in the paraphrase. The student used a selective prompt restatement rather than an accurate and complete restatement that includes both public opinions + a personal opinion.

The response format does not follow the " discuss both points of view " in the correct public opinion discussion manner prior to the personal statement. The essay does not meet the response considerations as outlined in the discussion instruction. The writer should learn how to look for the reasoning paragraph number and format within the last half of the original prompt presentation.
OP jolie25 1 / 3  
According to your feedback, in body 2 I should write about the other side, and my own opinion would be in another paragraph and I should concentrate on'' some countries " . If I am wrong, please let me know. Thank you so much.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2. discuss about the increasing products consumption.