IELTS Task 2 Writing: Discuss about studying in groups and studying alone.

coke 14 / 28 13  
Some people believe that students in schools learn better when they study in groups. Other people say that students learn better when they study on their own. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

A contrast between studying alone and group study

People have different views about whether studying in groups or alone is more beneficial to students' performance. This essay will discuss both sides of the argument and give a personal thought at the end.

To begin with, it is understandable why people think that students can enhance their performance when studying in groups. One reason is that this way of studying helps suppress procrastination. In order to maintain their position in a group, students will have to work harder and finish their parts of the shared projects on time or else, they will be kicked out by other members. Gradually, people become more active and less lazy in their study resulting in better performance at school. Another positive impact of learning in groups comes from a sense of competition. In a competitive environment, each individual has the urge to surpass her peers and thus, great results come inevitably.

However, there are valid reasons to support the idea that studying alone improves students' results. Many people cannot focus on their task when being surrounded by others. Learning by themselves, therefore, is ideal for them to fully concentrate on dealing with their business and achieve personal study outcomes. In addition, studying alone allows students to obtain lessons at their own pace. Because they are not under any pressure of catching up with others, people will be able to understand every lesson thoroughly and effectively.

Based on my experience, I believe that group study brings more significant impacts on students' performance. One evidence is that many of my classmates in high school and university who studied in groups scored greatly in examinations whereas only some who chose the other study option succeeded.

In conclusion, while it does benefit to study alone, I think that academic performance will be significantly improved when students work in groups.

This is my first attempt to outline the structure suggested by Holt so there will be a lot of issues occurred. Please give me all your corrections to get this essay a 7. Much appreciated.
Ekaputri17 6 / 12 7  
Hy @coke, I am also still learning, and I just want to give advice based on my recent knowledge
1. It could be better to erase the first sentence in the second paragraph and directly mention what your ideas about the essay
2. Put relevant example every finish write background issue in your body paragraphs

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 Writing: Discuss about studying in groups and studying alone.