WRITING TASK 2 - Discuss both view - should spend money on bicycle or public transport?

tuan1618 1 / 1  
Some people think that more money should be spent to promote the use of bicycles in cities.
Others, however, believe that cities should focus on investing in public transport systems.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

It would be argued by some that city authorities should spend more money to encourage people to use bicycles in the city. In my opinion, however, concentrating on building public transport systems is the better choice.

On one hand, there are a number of reasons why people believe that money should be invested more in bicycle use. The first reason is that cycling is a very environmentally friendly mode of transport. Unlike motor vehicles, a bicycle does not consume any fossil fuels so it cannot emit any carbon dioxide into the environment. As a result, it not only reduces air pollution but also makes the air fresher. Another reason is that people riding a bike can improve their health. In fact, when people cycle, the excessive calories in their bodies will be burned out. Therefore, they tend to be in good shape and get more energy for work or study.

On the other hand, I would argue that cities should spend bigger money on the public transport system. Firstly, the public transport system allows cities to lower traffic congestion. To be more specific, more people utilizing the system such as buses and subway means the individual vehicles will be reduced. As a result, people tend to be easier to commute and transport goods faster. Secondly, traveling by public transportation will save citizens money due to the large number of passengers sharing the transport. Therefore, it seems to be affordable for most people compared with other transport. For that reason, I strongly agree with the idea of promoting public transport.

In conclusion, although some people think that cities should invest in bicycle use, I personally believe that it is more important for authorities to spend money on the public transport system.

which mark will you guys give to this essay? please support me!
The prompt restatement is incomplete as it does not offer an accurate depiction of the original topic. The first 1 public opinion statement was turned into an argument. The second public opinion was not interpreted by the writer. The paragraph will not meet TA requirements for a passing score.

The reasoning paragraphs are as incomplete as the prompt restatement. It is totally missing a discussion of the 2nd public opinion. The sudden jump to the personal opinion means the essay is underdeveloped and lacking the expected discussion focus. Failing to compare the draft with the prompt instructions caused these errors. The writer failed to check his work for prompt compliance. That error will ensure a non-passing score. There is no need to ask what mark it will receive. It has to improve overall to even come close to a passing score.
OP tuan1618 1 / 1  
I appreciate your help! thanks a lot:)
Actually, I'm a beginner, so I will definitetly make a lot of mistakes.:)

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 2 - Discuss both view - should spend money on bicycle or public transport?