Discussion - Environmental problems should be dealt at global or national level - for IELTS

Eabc 4 / 9 1  

global warming solving by individual countries

Nowadays environmental problems are one of those issues that require immediate attention. It is believed that these issues like global warming can be better solved at the national level as compared to solving them at international level. This essay agrees that problems related to the environment can be better dealt with by individual countries than at a global level.

According to some people, problems such as global warming and decreased level of fossil fuels can be solved more effectively by individual nations as the activities of each country adds up to the cause of these issues. These people believe that the small drops make an ocean and similarly the combined efforts of the individual nations can bring down the overall environmental concerns worldwide. For instance, some countries in Europe have switched largely to alternative sources of energy, this has reduced the overall consumption of fossil fuels as well as reduced their carbon footprints.

While a group of people holds the opinion that these can be solved at the global level. They feel that countries should come together and look into these issues in order to find out ways to solve them. But in my opinion, this is practically not a feasible idea as the causes of different environmental issues vary with the geographic location of the area which can be tackled only by the nation and not by any international authority. For instance, the Ganga river in India is highly polluted and any other country cannot look into this problem because this pollution is caused by the factories near it in India. Thus only a national authority can deal with it.

Overall, environmental problems are a great concern for modern times and need to be addressed by all countries in the world. It's better if each nation looks into its own issues related to the environment and takes required actions as indirectly it would contribute to solving international problems.
You are writing the wrong response for this essay. You are focusing on an international level when the prompt is focused on an individual level. There is a difference between international and individual. International means global level while individual means on a single person level. As such, you have misunderstood the prompt and offered a response not related to the task. The actual prompt requires you to compare the following points of view:

- Some people think that environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve
- the government cannot solve these environmental problems unless individuals make some action.

Based on your discussion of those 2 public points of view, you should be able to present a clear opinion that will support one of the two public opinions. However, since your response is not in line with the discussion requirements, you will not be able to receive a passing grade for this essay.
OP Eabc 4 / 9 1  
Thanks, I will take it into consideration.

Home / Writing Feedback / Discussion - Environmental problems should be dealt at global or national level - for IELTS