IELTS: Discussion on whether the huge salary of the sports professionals is fair

smilectt 4 / 7  
I'm new here,:) looking forward for your help. I'd be really appreciated.

This is the IELTS Cambrige 6 Test 2 Task 2
Write about the following topic:
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

When talking about successful sports professional, there's a wide disagreement on if they can earn significantly more money than people in other important occupations.

Some people claim this is fully justified, because the sports professionals have made tremendous effort to become successful. Normally people cannot imagine their hardship. No success can be attained with ease. Thousands of sportsmen and women are training day after day. Getting up at 5 o'clock, while you are still comfortably asleep in bed, is just a start of their whole day's suffering. After years of training and races, most of them will suffer from some kind of pain and injury. But the cruel truth is that luck only comes to the very few. The successful ones are just a tiny part of the whole group, and many have retired silently, with neither popularity, nor huge fortune, but only an injured body. So when they do succeed, they deserve what they get.

On the other hand, there are people holding different opinion that the athletes' income is unfair. There are so many other professions in the world that might contribute to the society comparatively more while getting less reward. The government should reallocate its money at a reasonable proportion to different field based on their own significance.

Perhaps there's an element of truth in both two sides, but in my opinion, every contribution, no matter how much it is, deserves to be awarded accordingly. So I would go for the first opinion that the sports professionals deserve what they get. But I also think that some re-balance measurement shall be put in place to ensure fairness in other professions' reward.
letho7990 3 / 4  
I think in the introduction you should spend more details , i mean that you need to make a paragraph for introduction . This lead your structure's essay will be logical .

I always follow this formula

The easiest way to write an introduction for the IELTS essay is to follow this formula:

Write 1 sentence to start the topic

Re-write the statements from the question using your own words

State your opinion
OP smilectt 4 / 7  
letho7990

Thank you so much. I think you r right .i need some details in the introduction.

:) really appreciated.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Discussion on whether the huge salary of the sports professionals is fair