Discussion of the impacts of modern means of communication.

Qtraam 3 / 3  
Hello, this is my essay about the influences of the modern forms of communication. Please help me find out what is wrong. I extremely appreciate for any comments.

Long ago, people communicate with friends via telephone, fax, letters...There life was more realistic. Nowadays, people usually use Internet communicate. They make friends with people all over the word, but they spend less time to meet friends and family in real life. However, it is not so certain that this has caused negative effects for people.

In the past, the amount of time people spent seeing their friends was more often, for instant, when someone's birthday, everyone came together and celebrated his or her birthday. They felt closer. Unlike modern people, they usually send greetings through social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Gmail.....In my opinion, this is meaningless. Although they have lots at birthday greetings, but they still feel lonely. Moreover, when the social networking sites were developed, people were less interested in each other, they always hold the cellphone in hand, and immersed in a virtual world.

However, the advent of internet also helps our life better. We have more friends, can know what are they thinking, how they look, what are they doing and the changes of the world. The communication becomes easier and more convenience than ever. People can study, run business, meet their friends without leaving home. As a result, our social relationship is extended.

On the other hand, the modern life makes people too busy. They don't have enough time to care about everything around. They are rushing to do their job, so people no longer see each other much anymore. That's why we should not blame modern forms of communication for decreasing the time people spend seeing their friends.

In conclusion as far as I concerned, people feel happier now, modern communication has improved our social life. However, we need to make sure that we should not be addicted to the social networking sites.
mem77 62 / 98 6  
Hello qtraam, this is some correction from me and feel free to correct me too!

Nowadays, people usually use Internet forcommunicatecommunicating with others .

....the amount of time that people spent for seeing their friends ...

... at birthday greetings, but they still feel lonely.

Moreover, when the social networking sites ...

....can know what are theypeople thinking ...
Giansy11 18 / 32 5  
Hii Qtraam..
i found some mistakes of your writing. Lemme show you.

Long ago, people communicate with friends via telephone, fax, letters...
A couple years ago, people usually communicate by using several forms such as telephone, fax, letter and another one.

[Nowadays, people usually use [...] friends and family in real life.(...)

As the time goes by and internet has been invented, communication become easier where distance and time are no longer because of technology. However, even as a useful tools, the drawback comes at the same time.

In the past, people took too long just for seeing each others even it was rarely happened the amount of time people spent seeing their friends was more often , for instantinstance , when someone's (...) celebrated his or her birthday and felt close each others.

Home / Writing Feedback / Discussion of the impacts of modern means of communication.