distance travelled - IELTS academic task 1 writing (table form)

pakias 5 / 14  
The table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in Netherland between 2001 and 2006.

Describe the information in the table and make comparisons where appropriate.

Write at least 150 words.

The table compares the average distance travelled calculated in miles about different types of conveyances in Netherland. The study took place in two years: 2001 and 2006.

To begin with, the summoned average distance travelled in the two years reveals that in 2006 the overall distance including al means of transport is higher than that travelled in 2001. As can be seen, the most common type of transport is the car as it had the possibly highest number of miles in 2001 and 2006.

On the contrary, it is found that the taxi had the lowest number of miles travelled in 2001 but, in 2006, the bicycle fell in the lowest category than the taxi where the difference was a mere 1 mile.

As per the graph, it is obvious that walking, local bus transport and bicycle riding were not much favored by Dutch people as the figures showed a moderate decline. However, the other conveyances (cars, local distance bus, train and taxi)showed a clear increase in 2006.
RomanticDog 2 / 7 1  

I suggest you could paste the task description as an attachment, so we can check your essay's accuracy.
OP pakias 5 / 14  
I tried to copy and paste it but it's a table containing numerical information so, I couldn't copy and paste it. Sorry!
Use the above "Attach file(s)" feature to upload your graph. That is the only way you can have the graph with your essay. It is important we see the graph, otherwise our comments may not be very meaningful :(

As for the structure, your first two paras are fine that cover the introduction and the overview. But the para that discusses the details is not adequate to meet the requirements of this tasks.
OP pakias 5 / 14  
Pahan and romanticdog here is the table!

Good... Hey, I've done a major mistake while providing you the structure for this task. The one I provided is for the hook for the introduction of IELTS Task 2. It's a big miss and very sorry about my misleading comment.

Home / Writing Feedback / distance travelled - IELTS academic task 1 writing (table form)