The diversity in perception and individual's greed has resulted in biased news broadcasted in public

brandalyn leon 1 / 1  

News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.

What factors do you think influence these decisions? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

Use your own ideas, knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence.

There is no doubt that news being broadcast subject to biased opinions. There are a number of factors that influence it and this essay will outline some of those factors and explain the outcome if the news reported was transparent.

Out of all the factors that induce the news, the most important one's are greed and perception. it is a natural behavior of most humans to support a viewpoint just out of greed. This is the reason due to which several times media editors report positive arguments for a particular political party even though the reported facts lack validation. Additionally, every individual whether it is a news media editor or writer has their own perception to grasp the news and respond accordingly. For instance. one reported might write optimistically about dowry-system, while others might be against dowry-system. Not only this, it has become prevalent these days for certain news editors to support issues that are not worthy of attention, just because of their greed and perception.

Nevertheless, it has become common among people to absorb the false news because of their dependency on media leaving them as an easy target to be influenced. For instance, recently a young boy faced huge backlash from all the nation after he was wrongly accused as a rapist by a news platform, which was later clarified by police as a news broadcasted without validation by fact-checkers. Conversely, if the valid news was shown, it would have helped in curtailing such crimes. Since numerous crimes and injustice goes unnoticed due proliferation of false information.

To recapitulate, diversity in perception and individual's greed has resulted in biased news being absorbed and acted upon by common citizens, I believe there would be a significant plummet in crimes if the valid and unbiased news gets written.
Elise990119 2 / 7  
the most important one's are→ the most important one is
OP brandalyn leon 1 / 1  
@Elise990119
Thank you for correction, but it would be 'ones' instead of "one's", are should be used due to more than one items.
Please take note of the number of questions being asked in the original prompt. There are 3 questions:
- What factors do you think influence these decisions?
- Do we become used to bad news?
- Would it be better if more good news was reported?

The number of reasoning paragraphs are based on the number of direct questions that you have to respond to. So the questions provided changed the format of the essay from the standard 4 paragraph essay to the more complex 5 paragraph essay. Each of the questions need to have its own response paragraph so that you can provide a complete and fully developed response for each question.

You should also remember to always outline your responses within the last 3 or 2 sentences of the prompt restatement. That way you give a direct response that helps show how accurate your response to the task will be. Make sure it has 3-5 sentences for maximum scoring potential. Avoid using run-on sentences or presenting a sentence separated only by a comma or several commas. You score better when you show individualized sentences of the complex or simple kind throughout the essay, specially in the paraphrase and concluding summary sections.

Work on better developing the connection between your 2 topic sentences per paragraph. Show a direct relationship between the 2 subjects and use relevant examples and connected explanations. That will help add coherence and clarity to your paragraph. Right now, the paragraphs are not fully explained nor developed. The explanations are too short and lacking in a related example, one that reflects the reasons you present within the description of your example.

Home / Writing Feedback / The diversity in perception and individual's greed has resulted in biased news broadcasted in public