IELTS Task 1 division of houeshold tasks by gender

samenmohammad 10 / 19  
Task:
The chart shows the division of household tasks by gender in Great Britain.
Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.
You should write at least 150 words.

The chart shows the amount of time which men and women spend on six different household tasks per person during a day in Great Britain. In general, most of these works has been done by women.

According to the chart, women spend 74 minutes in a day for cooking, baking and washing up while men spend only a half of this time, 30 minutes.

As regards cleaning house and tidying, men spend 13 minutes, but numbers for woman is so higher which stands at 58 minutes per day.
Women also spend more time in care of children and play with them, washing, ironing and sewing the clothes which are at 45 and 25 minutes in a day, compare to men who are at 20 and 2 respectively.

In contrast, some outdoor activity such as gardening and pet care usually have been done by men. They do this tasks for 49.5 minutes whereas women do for 21 minutes per person per day. About maintenance odd jobs men spend 26 minutes while women spend only 9.5 minutes.

This conclusion can be drawn that, most household tasks are in the woman's duty in Britain and man who are busy with their work have less time in the evening to help in such works.

[b]

Thanks for your help in advance
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
The chart shows the amount of time which men and women spendspent by men and women on six different household tasks per person during a typical day in Great Britain. In general, most of these works has been done by women.

while men spend only a half of this time on the same tasks

spend

Do not repeat this word. Use synonym.

washing, ironing and sewing the clothes which are at 45 and 25 minutes in a day, compare to men who are at 20 and 2 respectively.

Revise this sentence. It is hard to understand

They do thisthese tasks for 49.5 minutes whereas women do them for 21 minutes per person per day

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1 division of houeshold tasks by gender