Doing the same things or change? is change always good? - DISCUSSION

lktramanh 1 / 1  
Topic: Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

--------------------------------

It is certainly true that living style mainly depends on one's characteristic, some people do not like changing their things and jobs but others always change to adapt to technical and scientific developments. However, while there are some benefits to doing the same things, I would argue that it is better to change our lives in good ways.

Doing the same things has several benefits for some reasons. Many people find their lives safe when following daily routines and works. Risks can come easily to those who are always want to move or change their jobs. For example, after working just for one months, I had to quit the job in a private company because of the differences of cultures. At that time, I could not return to work in the old company and spent much time applying for a new job. Moreover, changing takes time to adapt to new circumstances. In a new environment, they have to follow different rules and try to build more relationships as much as possible. People who work for a long time could be promoted higher positions in which new candidates are hardly employed.

On the other hand, some people would argue that it is more beneficial to change their lives. Firstly, people can take advantages of gaining experiences in variety of environments. They will meet difficulties and try to tickle problems as well as learn clever solutions from others. Secondly, active people can catch up opportunities than those who are worried about taking risks. For instance, my brother quited a good job and invested a huge capital to open High Land cafï which has western styles and it is being run very well. Finally, lives must be so boring if they follow daily routines. Changing helps them find more interesting and meanings of life.

In conclusion, for the reasons mentioned above, it seems to me that people are more likely to be successful if they change their lives after thinking carefully. Otherwise they would take risks and spend valuable time.
ryin2010 2 / 2  
It is certainly true that our lifestyle is decided upon our characteristics; some people enjoy doing the same routine and refuse to change, whereas, there are others who don't mind changing to adapt to technical and scientific developments. However, while there are some benefits to having the same daily routine, I would like to argue that change can be beneficial to our life.

To begin, there are few benefits to having the same daily routine. People who enjoy living each day like how they did yesterday was say that they feel more safe. Risks can come easily to those who are always on the move or deciding to change their job. For example, after working for one month, I had to quit the job in a private company because of the differences of cultures. At that time, I could not return to work in the old company and spent much time applying for a new job. Moreover, changing takes time to adapt to new circumstances. In a new environment, they had to follow different rules and try to build more relationships as much as possible. People who work for a long time could be promoted higher positions in which new candidates are hardly employed.

On the other hand, some people would argue that it is more beneficial to add change in their lives. First, people can take advantages of gaining experiences in variety of environments. They will meet difficulties and try to tackle problems as well as learn clever solutions from others. Second, active people can accept opportunities than those who are worried about taking risks decided to not these opportunities as a learning experience. For instance, my brother quit his steady job and decided to invest in a huge capital to open the High Land café and now is running pretty well. Finally, lives must be so boring if they follow the same daily routine. Changing helps make our lives more interesting and introduces us to more meanings of life.

In conclusion, for the reasons mentioned above, it seems to me that people are more likely to be successful if they change their lives after thinking carefully. Otherwise they would take risks and spend valuable time.*

*Work on the conclusion. Include those reasons that are above. Don't repeat word for word. Just re-introduce the main points mentioned.
A good word to use in this essay is consistency. Doing things in the same way all the time is consistent. There are advantages to consistency, but you are arguing that there are more advantages to changeability. I think you made a good argument.

Doing the same things has several benefits for some reasons . Do not ever write "for some reasons," because it does not tell the reader anything.

List the reasons:
Doing the same things has several benefits, including ________, _________, and ___________.

Here is a funny mistake that RYIN corrected. Did you notice the correction?
They will meet difficulties and try to tickle tackle problems as well as learn clever solutions from others.

Look up the meaning of tickle, and you will see why it is a funny mistake to make! :-)

You write very well in English, and I think you'll get a high score.
OP lktramanh 1 / 1  
Dear Raksmeymony and Kevin,
I greatly appreciate your kindness. Thanks for correcting my mistakes and also recommending different ways of writing which are better. I'll always remember my funny mistake "tickle"... ^_^

Have a lovely weekend.
ANH

Home / Writing Feedback / Doing the same things or change? is change always good? - DISCUSSION