WRITING TASK 2: What can be done to encourage exercising in the elderly?

selenakieu 4 / 14 1  
Question: Doctors recommend that older people exercise regularly. However, many of them do not get enough exercise.
What are the reasons?

What can be done to encourage them to exercise more?

Healthy lifestyles are becoming widely popular with the general generation. Although experts in the healthcare domain advise that the elders should take part in physical activities on a regular basis, a great number of them ignore it. In this essay, I will argue why health and safety problems are the main factors which affect the way older people get exercise. Besides, I will provide several solutions to solve these problems.

When it comes to the elderly, there are health issues to be considered as older people are more likely to get diseases. Indeed, ailments such as diabetes or high blood pressure affect their motor abilities. Therefore, seniors are unable to do physical activities according to weak physical conditions. An obvious example is my friend's grandmother, who is at the age of 69, is suffering from arteriosclerosis. Her grandmother is unable to walk or do basic hygiene without supporters. Furthermore, safety problems are factors which should be noticed. In recent years, sports centres have grown excessively. However, these fitness centres only provide facilities which are also known as gym equipment for young people. Accordingly, weak eye sights and joints can lead to severe injuries in older citizens if they approach inappropriate fitness facilities.

In order to tackle these problems, developing a positive attitude to exercise at an early age would be a necessary solution. In short, by providing basic healthcare education for younger generations, they can build up an exercise routine which can stick to them from an early age. As a result, young people will be able to prevent the ageing process and chronic diseases. Moreover, the government should give the elders opportunities to enhance their strength by creating more walking pathways in safe areas. Even more, encouraging older citizens to do internal nourishing exercise is a great method since it can facilitate a healthy development both mentally and physically for the elderly.

To sum up, even though it is recommended to work out regularly, many older people remaining lack exercise. I argued why some issues like health and safety play an important role in the way the elders exercise. For the aforementioned causes, education, publicity campaigns and government policies are the core solutions to encourage the elderly to do more physical activities.
A properly written 40 minute essay should contain no more than 300 words. By writing almost 400 words, you are actually risking not being able to complete such a discussion during the actual test. You do not have to go into an extended discussion of the given topic. The examiner wishes to read only a simple response that shows your ability to write in academic English and, most importantly, that you can understand English discussion instructions.

In the first paragraph, you will be seen as having established a good restatement. Your response to the first question was uniquely posed, but you failed to properly respond to the second question. Therefore, the thesis statement is incomplete and will be facing deductions because you neglected to answer the second question, thus leaving only a partially relevant writer's opinion for the examiner to read. However, the succeeding discussion paragraphs are well developed and should help you overcome any other deductions your essay may face.
OP selenakieu 4 / 14 1  
Thanks for your help!

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 2: What can be done to encourage exercising in the elderly?