Tv and Its drawbacks (spreading violence, changing social relations)

nabilkhan 3 / 5  
my prompt is to set the different drawbacks due to watching televesion
please can you correct this essay

Tv and Its drawbacks

Nowadays, TV is considered as a very powerful medium .although it has some benefits which could be included in entertaining people ,it has also numerous disadvantages such as ; influencing violence within the children, changing the social relations and behaviours , and wasting time on aimless programs.

Televising can be very dangerous because of its power to influence violence within the children. Today, children are considered as large loyal audiences of television so that they can be influenced by television movies that contain violence easily. Also, children who are very addicted to television and who watch movies that contain too much violence like to imitate what happen in the movie and apply it in the reality which lead them to be violent .

Furthermore, children who watch too much violence through television can be affected negatively and suffer from many mental diseases. Finally, television is very dangerous for people especially for children because they spent too much time watching television so they are more likely to be influenced by this medium.

Changing the social relations and behaviours are one of the drawbacks of spending too much time on television. Television has played a role in changing the relations of members in a family .communication between parents and children has been reduced because the time when families members have to communicate in has been occupied by the act of watching television, so that the relation between children and parents has been changed. Also, television played another role in changing the behaviours in a society, because of imitating the behaviours of people from other cultures. In general, television can be factor in reshaping a new society with new behaviours and traditions.

Television contains many bad and aimless programs that could influence the audience badly. Some programs in television are aimless and have no benefits. Nevertheless, many people who are addicted to television spend too much time on these programs and waste their precious time on useless programs .also some children prefer to spend time on television rather than doing their homework's and waste the time on useless programs. In short, spending too much time watching television is great waste of time.

Finally, although television has some benefits it has also many drawbacks. The worst drawbacks are mainly spreading violence within the children, change the social relations , and allow people to lose and waste their time.
Great edit, Kim! Now, Hamid, it is your turn to work some more. Please type the essay again, and try to use the advice Kim gave you. When you type the essay again, I will look to see if you still have errors.

I want to also talk about these first sentences: Nowadays, TV is considered as a very powerful medium. Although it has some benefits, which include the ability to entertain people, it has also numerous disadvantages, such as the following: i nfluencing violence among the children; changing the social relations and behaviours; and wasting time on aimless programs.

Please practice typing that sentence above. The semi-colon is used to separate items in a list. The colon is used to show, "I am about to list some things."

:-) Okay, practice, practice!

Home / Writing Feedback / Tv and Its drawbacks (spreading violence, changing social relations)