IELTS Task II: Dress reflects Chracter

SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
Some people believe that a person character is reflected by how they dress. Others said that the way she (he) dresses may not say anything about what the y really like. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

answer

"Don't judge the book by its cover" is the common English expression that we usually heard. This terminology probably affects some people to perform as much as his (her) expectancy. Therefore, people tend to cover their body with nice stuff which is directly portrayed their characters. In the previous, the expression guides some people point of view for marked someone's character as his (her) appearance while critics disagree about this.

Behaviour is a product of mental aspects. Indeed, behaviour is not merely about how their walking, talking, or thinking . It is also consisting in how they dresses which is seen as a media to express their character. The style of dressing inclines people taste and unconsciously picturing their character. For instance, girly woman likes to wear colorful pattern with unique accessories as complement. On other hand, elegant man , likes to use simple shirt pattern with less ornament. The pro group usually takes evaluation about human characteristic just in surface with their first impression, and this is not fair indeed because people have several backgrounds which cannot understand just in a minute.

Nevertheless, the opponent groups resist this opinion. They tend to argue that knowing someone characters from the appearance is not wise enough. Human character is complicated and deeply need assessment to decide where group of character involve. For example, we should use some psychological measurement to decide people as shy person or childish such as EPPS or Kraeplin. This is the valid way to conclude someone. I tend to agree with this opinion because this is far from common sense.

In conclusion, to understand well other people characters needs some assessment stuff and we have to know people from entire of their background not just from the appearance .

"Don't judge the book by its cover" is the common English expression that we usually heard.

Excellent hook :)

This terminologysaying probably affects some people to perform as much as his (her) expectancy.

This is pretty weak :( Your idea is not conveyed in a clear manner. Tell something simple to go well with your excellent hook. Also, without a much do, quickly come to your background;

Some people believe that this saying applies to people too, but some others do not agree with them. .... your background

cover their body with nice stuff

...."stuff" sounds too slang :( Better avoid in essay writing though it's ok for a speaking task.
OP SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
Excellent hook :)

thank you for your appreciation

Some people believe that this saying applies to people too, but some others do not agree with them

this is nice and more easier to understand. I often think hard to deliver my idea and as the result only me understand it :(

Tell something simple to go well with your

, you advice me twice, but please keep pay attention in my next try.

."stuff" sounds too slang

what about
Therefore, people tend to cover their body as fashionable as portrayed their characters.
I often think hard to deliver my idea and as the result only me understand it :(

Hey, that's why you need to keep practicing :) You'll be fine after a series of practice sessions :) Also, reading others essays written in similar topics may be a very good idea to gain knowledge and knack of certain phrases and presenting your ideas more effectively. Our comments are meant to help you improve your writing further for you to get a good score. They do not mean that what you wrote is really bad. :)
OP SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
reading others essays written in similar topics may be a very good idea to gain knowledge

further for you to get a good score

exactly, would you kindly give me feedback in my next write. Thank you much Dumi
agi 13 / 30 4  
Nevertheless, the opponent groups resist this opinion. They tend to argue that knowing someone characters from the appearance is not wise enoughimproper measure. Human character is complicated and deeply need assessment to decidedefine where group of character involve. For example, we should use some psychological measurements to decideidentify people as shy person or childish such as EPPS or Kraeplin. This is the validmore efficient way to conclude someone. I tend to agree with this opinion because this is far from common sense.

In conclusion, to understand well other people's characters needs some professional stuffs and we have to know people from entire of their background not just from the appearanceoutlook.
OP SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
improper measure

new vocabulary for me
I think your correction make my writing easier to understand
thank you

I too :D
Yes, it is my pleasure too to help you with improving your essays so that you can go for a good band at IELTS. Please do not feel discouraged or hurt with my comments because I generally tell things straight off unlike dumi who is more diplomatic and patient than me ... LOL

Also, our comments are aimed at perfecting your essay and they do not imply your writing is very bad.
Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
"Don't judge the book by its cover"

As Pahan told this is a nice hook.
But I couldnt understand your position clearly while reading. Please try to express your position clearly and promptly.

Indeed, behaviour is not merely about how their walking, talking, or thinking

Indeed, individual's behaviour is not only define based on how they walk and talk, but also contribute by their way of dressing to large extent.

deeply need assessment

need thorough assessment
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
if you could, you might construct your conclusion with this structure:
The Concluding Paragraph has three parts:
1. a 'conclusion' signal: In conclusion, ....etc,
2. a summary of the main points or a restatement of the thesis (in different words!)
3. a final comment, based on the information in the essay.
The final comment can be:
a warning or prediction (often using the first conditional: If ..., ... will ...)
a suggestion or recommendation (often using should or must)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task II: Dress reflects Chracter