dressing style is not a good indication of character

censem 2 / 2  
I'm preparing for ibt. and i feel sooooo worried about the independent writing. this is my first practice and i'd be really appreciate if someone could help to correct it.

-------------------here we go----------------

Some people take first impression as a key factor to be success, thus they insist that the style a person is dressed can reflected his/her character or personality. However, I hold the opinion that it's not sensible to judge a person by his or her outside appearance.

First of all, one dressed in nice clothes does not mean he or she is a decent person. Since there are so many kinds fashion magazines, which specialized in teaching people how to pick up clothes and how to make a better outward appearance, it's hard to tell whether a person with a good dressing style is his or her own style. It's easy to mock others' to make a tidy external feature. For example, one of my neighbors always wears white shirt and looked very nice and tidy, everyone in our community considered him as a high-quality person. However, he was arrested one day and was accused for robbery. Although it is a way to judge a stranger by his good looking at first sight, it's not always right. One's character is mostly depended on his or her spirit and ideas.

Also, it requires lots of time and money to make a person looked well. If one really likes to establish his or her own personal dressing style, he or she should not only spend money on clothing, but also contribute large time on choosing clothes. Thus, the person will have less time to read or to enjoy other things in daily lives. That's why some people think it's a waste of time to pay too much attention on outward appearance. In my case, I think it's much better to read a meaningful and interesting book rather than standing in front of a large and ornate wardrobe or looking for fashionable clothes in shopping malls. Compared with trying hard to make a good looking to please others, spending time on cultivating an interest is much easier to make a colorful life. Let alone that outside appearance cannot maintain a good impression. A welcomed person is one who has profound knowledge, experience and warm heart, which cannot be judged by the first sight.

Last but not least, dressing style is sometimes depended on one's occupation and situation. For example, I worked for a law firm two years ago, and all members in our law firm are required to wear suits. It was not proper to wear jeans and T-shirt to meet clients. However, I'm now working for an IT company, all of my colleagues dressed in casual styles.

All in all, a nice person cannot be equaled to a good dressing style. One should pay more attention to build up a profound inward world.
pinkhelicopter - / 2  
I think you've done a pretty good job, as it is your first practice.

Just pay attention to some grammar.
eg:
"the style a person is dressed can reflected his/her character or personality. "
one's dress style can reflected his/her character or personality

"one dressed in nice clothes does not mean he or she is a decent person"
dressed in nice clothes does not mean he or she is a decent person

"One's character is mostly depended on his or her spirit and ideas"
One's character mostly depends on his or her spirit and ideas

"it requires lots of time and money to make a person looked well"
it requires lots of time and money to make a person look well

Besides, pay more attention to singular and plural, the tense.

Good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / dressing style is not a good indication of character