Why drinking age is under 21 years old in USA

Jiaxin0229 1 / -  

Lesson 12 Essay Exam #2

In Georges Seurat's A SUNDAY AFTERNOON ON THE ISLAND OF LA FRAND JATTE, Georges Seurat used vertical and horizontal lines. The yellow and orange in the painting dominate, and yellow and green, white, and black are intertwined and intertwined, forming a warm and vivid tone, which looks pleasing to the eye. The figures on the picture and the surrounding lakes, trees, constitute a precise and harmonious composition, so that the proportion of objects on the screen, the size of the objects and the entire picture, the balance of vertical lines and parallel lines have reached a rational harmony and scientific order unity. Due to the matching of colors in this painting, the painter placed many figures in precise geometric figures. Under the illumination of light, the fixed figures in the painting formed a wonderful and particularly orderly harmony to balance the composition. Some of the people on the picture stand there to admire the scenery, some lie down or sit on the ground to entertain themselves, some talk and laugh in pairs, some face the lake, and stand alone, a few puppies walk around the ground. But I can't feel any particular of rhythm. When I looking at the text image of this work I though this is might be a very lively painting, and when I see this picture, I saw lazy and peaceful, and the artwork title is appropriate, too. Because this artwork named a SUNDAY afternoon on the island of la grande jatte, if the date change to business day, it will not appropriate, almost people are work, they won't relxing on business day. When I saw this work, I was very longing for it. Because of the epidemic situation, most people can't get together or enjoy sunbathing. I hope the epidemic can be controlled as soon as possible so that I can breathe fresh air enjoys the afternoon sun.

Edvard Munch's The SCREAM dominated by curve, This painting is composed of red, blue, brown and a small amount of white. The author has created a very distorted sky and sea and people, which forms a strong contrast with the straight bridge, I feel very compact and twisted. When I looking at the text image of the work, I feel a sense of despair because people scream when they are desperate, but there's no recognizable objects or people. The artwork title is appropriate, because when I first see the artwork, I was attractive by the scream man, and the mood of the author when painting is also very desperate, this title also represents the author's state of mind. I feel repression when I see the picture, the twisted lines made me feel uncomfortable, and the man who was screaming was also terrifying. The lines of the sky and the sea made me feel that something bad might happen at any time, when the sea is calm, there are no waves on the surface of the sea. In the painting, it is generally composed of straight lines. The red cloud is referred to as a burning cloud in this painting, and some places think that there will be a burning cloud before the earthquake, and the burning cloud will only appear at night. It means that the sky is going to be dark, a person who is distorted and distorted and screaming, and the coming late night makes me feel endless sadness and loneliness.

Helen Frankenthaler MOUNTAINS AND SEA is made up of curves, the main color is blue, red, green, grey, and yellow, the blue and green is main color. Because this work is Helen outlined selected forms in charcoal and then poured several diluted colors onto the canvas, so this a very unique visual space, there's no motion in the artwork, I don't sense any particular kind of rhythm in this artwork, when I see this text image of the work, I though this is a scenic landscape painting, this artwork has no recognizable object or people. This title is appropriate, but I think it won't be only, I think this picture also like the underwater world, I can see the red as fish, green as aquatic, grey as stone, and blue as water. My feeling for this artwork is happy, because the color of the whole picture makes people feel happy. Although the colors are messy, the overall feel is very clean and fresh from nature.

Mark Rothko Untitled (RORHKO NUMBER 5068.49) is made up of straight line, the main color is yellow, red, black and green, artist fill the canvas with color blocks, there's have no motion in artworks, but I sense the happiness in this artwork, this artwork named UNTITLED, so I am really interesting in it, how's artwork named UNTITLED. When I see this artwork I feel so glad but can't express, because the theme of the whole picture is bright yellow. The yellow color makes people feel good, but the black in the middle suddenly makes people feel depressed, and makes me feel that even if I am happy, but I can't express it.

I think Michelangelo DAVID is worthy of being featured and studied in art history, David has a majestic body, a brave and strong look, and his body, face and muscles are tight and full, which makes the statue have internal tension and movement, reflecting the external and internal idealized male beauty.

The hidden ribs and visible muscles of David's chest form a undulating ripple. David 's head is tense, alert, and challenging. The harmony of the head, neck, and body implies a proud male who is unique in revealing his body, like a rooster or male phoenix. A sense of pride and pride. David's hands are huge. While showing off the strength of men, the huge hands also exaggerate the psychological feelings of men's devotion, dedication, and confidence when they point out sexual and physical beauty towards the outside. he statue of "David" has a majestic body and a brave and firm expression. It is an ideal incarnation of all male beauty externally and internally. This is the common pursuit of humanistic ideas in the Renaissance and the further development of the concept of human beauty in ancient Greece It is against the hypocrisy of religion, establishing human freedom and the full manifestation of creative potential. Therefore, "David" has profound historical significance to Europe and the entire world.
Athiyya17 2 / 6  
Hi @Jiaxin0229 first of all, i did not find the thread title and your essay relevance. Aren't you supposed to be writing about Why drinking age is under 21 years old in USA?
Regardless of the wrong title that you used for this post, one thing is clear. You are writing a critical art review. Without knowing what the review instructions are, I will only be hazarding a guess as to what it should contain and what it is lacking in the presentation. I feel that you did a good job with the individual review of the paintings and the intention of the painter. However, there does not seem to be any connecting discussion point in your presentation. Where is the reference to commonalities in the art? What themes connect the images? What mindset did the artists share? What do you think the true representation of the era was? Your presentation lacks in the connected critique of the art work. As far as I am concerned, the presentation is good on an individual basis, but lacks tremendously in the shared analysis of the work. Now remember, I am not familiar with the instructions for the critique writing so I am not really sure if my review will work for you or not. However, based on the art papers I have completed reviews for before, I think I am somewhat on the right track with my review of your work.
Hafsa257 7 / 21  
@Jiaxin0229
Despite the wrong title that you gave I think your essay is good. Though it is a little long for an essay. Compose your essay of mainly four paragraphs with the first paragraph giving introduction, second and third paragraph with information and facts, and the last paragraph for the ending.

Home / Writing Feedback / Why drinking age is under 21 years old in USA