Dwellers of residences - percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation

chloeyyy123 3 / 5 1  

households owning and renting accommodation

The chart shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant.

The diagram indicates the comparison of households in owned and rented residence in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011.

Overall, the percentage of households owning accommodation goes upward, but those renting homes goes in the opposite way. In 1971, people who owned and rented houses had an equal proportions.

Before 1971, dwellers who rented residence has a higher percentage than those who owned. In 1918, we can see that families living in rented homes had overtook almost 60% from people living in owned. The rented trend goes downward, but the households-in-owned trend raised. 1971 remarks the point at which households in owned and rented had a same percentage.

After 1971, the trend totally differed from the earlier time. The percentage of people who owned their house increased while households in rented dwellings slumped. Comparing families owned accommodation with rented, owned house raise slightly by 5%, and a corresponding fell in rented homes between 2001 and 2011. The biggest difference in percentage of owning and renting accommodation was in 2001, which owning houses was 38% higher.

obluebeanso 2 / 4  
Overall I think you did a pretty neat job summarizing the information. It was to the point and easy to understand. There are only a few grammatic changes I would make.

1-... accommodation goes upward, and ... homes goes in the opposite direction.
2-... had an equal proportions.
3-... residence had a higher percentage
4-... overtook almost 60% of people
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@chloeyyy123
Hello. Thanks for being consistent in the forum. I'm here to give you a comprehensive feedback on this essay. Hopefully, this will help you in your writing endeavors!

Firstly, I agree that, in terms of the analytical angle of your writing, you were quite put-together. This surely made it easier to comprehend the entirety of your text.

Generally, I think that you can improve the writing by focusing more on the manner in which you transition between your sentences. For instance, taking a look at the third paragraph, it was quite noticeable how you did not use any transition words. While it's alright not to care about these things, having them in place surely gives you the benefit of appearing to be a lot more put-together in writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Dwellers of residences - percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation