Earliest grade students are required to learn foreign language

Ucha MSN 17 / 26 4  
All children should study a foreign language, starting in the earliest grades.
To what extent do you agree or disagree to this statement ?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.
Earliest grade students are required to learn foreign language. I personally agree with this idea that it is important for young pupils to study second/foreign language at the primary level in order to gain impressive competence on its language.

There are good reasons why foreign language needs to be learnt in the earliest grades. Firstly, people are able to imitate a language since they were a child. Children usually repeat the words they listen and easily keep in their mind. A research on a second/foreign language learning and acquisition found that the Critical Period Hypothesis in which at the age of under 13 is the best stage of people to acquire or learn a language to be native-like. Secondly, environment in which all the communities use foreign language as a medium of communication can affect on people behavior. Kids who enrolled in international kindergarten and elementary school are able to speak foreign language because they get used to listen and speak its language each other. For instance, Dian Harapan International School that has around 60% students from local people while the rest are from overseas uses English as their medium of instruction. As the result, the local students are able to speak English well.

Next, nowadays people live in the modern era in which technology becomes primary needs. Students utilize personal computer or notebook to support their learning activities. It means that they have to know foreign language such as English because all the instructions are written on it. Finally, as well as supporting students learning, students use internet to support their lessons and materials. Mostly information in e-learning from world wide websites that can be accessed openly is used international language (English).

In conclusion, I do believe that it is better the students of earliest grades in school to learn foreign language with some profits that they easily memorize the vocabularies and help them to find some information that support their lesson.
arisandy14 7 / 11 1  
I would like to give some comment about your work.

overall, it is good enough for task response, but perhaps you need to add the various vocabularies in order to avoid repetition.

some grammar in use is perhaps needed to correct.

Such as sentence "Kids who enrolled in international kindergarten...." (if u used it as verb, it is not consistent tenses because u used present before, so we can correct it to be= Kids who enrolls in international kindergarten or Kids who are enrolled in international kindergarten )

"some information that support their lesson"= the correct one is "some information that supports their lesson"
Hi Sman, I would like to share a few insights on your essay.
First of all, I do agree that learning a foreign language at an early age is somehow necessary. This day and age has proven to be very challenging, competitive to everyone, regardless of the field a child wants to pursue in the future, knowledge of a second language, say for instance English, is of great advantage and will definitely bring a huge relief to parents, knowing that their kids are capable and able to carry themselves in the outside word.

Now, I must say that you have a well comprehensive essay, you managed to raise your points, views and understanding of the task at hand, however, I have a few suggestions on your first paragraph.

- Earliest grade students are required toThe earlier the student learn a foreign language the better they will have understanding and grasp of the language .
- I personally agree with this idea, ( don't forget your punctuation marks ) that it is important for (...) to gain impressive competence on its language .

There you have it Sman, I believe you can see that there is a difference in the original paragraph and I hope you find this helpful in your revision and for future writing reference,mind the minor details of your sentences and make sure that they are not left out as they complete the sentence.

Home / Writing Feedback / Earliest grade students are required to learn foreign language