Has ease of cooking improved life?

sevil 2 / 1  
Food has always been the most important survival factor for human to save and continue his/her existence. Preparing food was not as easy as we do today. Nowadays developing technologies like microwave and electrical ovens simplify our life very much. Besides, our way of looking to providing food is changed largely. We spent our time for other activities like career, education, traveling, doing sport. Unfortunately, this affair brings some disadvantages. The processed materials are not very healthy and will cause health problems like cancer, obese. I think ease of making food has good effect on the human's life because of these supporting reasons.

First of all, in the past preparation of food by hunting was demanding and hard action. Cooking food was a time consuming job. Then by developing civilization and technologies especially food industrial technology life becomes easier. Although electrical ovens and microwaves make providing food easier and faster but we live in fast world too. Daily activities leave little time to cooking then cleaning the kitchen and utensils. We can spend our time for other interests like career, education, traveling and sport instead.

Second one, because of developing technologies we can buy various foods, fresh fruits, vegetables even exotic fruits and eating materials which are imported from other countries. For example in hyper markets you can see more than 100 kind of bread or cheese. Besides, because of the refrigerators we can save foods for more time and later uses so you do not need to go shopping every day. But it is a fact, these frizzed or canned materials are not nutritive and wholesome so can cause health problematic like obese and high blood pressure because of additional salt, sugar or oil.

The last one, as a result of developing the quality of life is intensified. We have more choices for eating and can taste different kind of foods by making or eating in different restaurants. French, Chinese, Italian or Arab restaurants are good choices for testing new savors. I think cooking is an art and people enjoy cooking tasty meals. B making common or unique recipes as a hobby we can be beneficial from a delicious dish, spend spiritual time and release daily stress.

To conclude, food is the most important amenities of life. In the past eras finding and preserving food was a tough activity. Besides cooking food from fresh and uncooked materials is a laborious procedure. By evolution and advancement in technologies the process of life has became faster so we have to change the method of living. In contrast to past time employed people have limit time to prepare food so preserved and canned food make cooking easier consequently they can spend time for other intrests. So the ease of cooking has improved the life.
mika1998 4 / 13 3  
hi
i think its better to substitute the sentence"Preparing food was not as easy as we do today." its better 2 say:"many years ago, it was not easy to prepare food as it is today."

also our life in 2nd line must be our lives
this sentence is grammatically wrong dear"Besides, our way of looking to providing food is changed largely." u must use has instead of is, or changing instead of change.

the word sport in 3rd line must b sports.
u must use a noun in 4th line, not just obese, u must say obesity.n also in 4th line effect must become plural.
instead of in the past preparation of food by hunting was demanding and hard action. its better to say"in the past preparation of food by hunting was not only demanding but also a difficult job."

good luck:)
OP sevil 2 / 1  
Thank you so much
You are right, I thought so much to write in short form but I could not " the sentence you mark with red color "

what is your suggestion?
indah_hai 19 / 38 4  
Hi Sevil,
Firstly, I want to tell you that complete question is needed, and also what you are focusing on. aq: IELTS or TOEFL or others. It is because your essay is depend on what are you talking about.

Secondly, I found you give short comment in other replies. Please beware of it, because you might be suspended. In here, you cannot only give a simple comment, please make it clear nad try to analyze other essays.

Lastly, Good Luck and see you in another essay. :)
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
First of all, in the past preparation of food by hunting was demanding and a pretty hard action.activity.

First of all, in the past preparation of food by hunting was demanding and hard action. Cooking food was a time consuming job.

The first sentence is irrelevant for this topic. This is about cooking food and whether it has become easier now. Do not go out of topic and always stay aligned with your topic.

Then by developing civilization and technologies especially food industrial technology life becomes easier.

As the civilization began to develop, various new cooking technologies were found and as a result cooking became much easier compared to olden days.

Although electrical ovens and microwaves make providing food easier and faster but we live in fast world too.

This has grammar issues.
Follow dumi's structure to turn this essay into a more logically presented one :)
mika1998 4 / 13 3  
i meant that is change is grammatically wrong. it must be has changed or is changing.
good luck:)
halleybachelor 16 / 25 1  
So the ease of cooking has improved the life.

This sentence is not grammatically wrong. But as the last sentence, I think it is better to say "Therefore, I believe it is safe to say the ease of cooking has improved our life."

Home / Writing Feedback / Has ease of cooking improved life?