Easier cooking food deteriorates our life in aspects of: health, happy status and traditional value

Sophie Tran 1 / 4  
I am nearly new here, please check this essay for me. Thank you all in advance, for both viewing and feed-backing on my piece.

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In modern life, everything is made more suitable for humankind. Among them, food is one of, which is becoming easier and easier to cook. From my perspective, this change has not improved our life but also made it worse due to certain reasons.

First and foremost, instant food is not good for our health. It is packaged with other necessary additives and all we have to do is mixing them together then boil the mixture. This kind of food is said to not supply us with enough nutrients or if yes, the nutrients themselves may be of low quality. Moreover, these kinds of fast food like noodle, humbuggers, hotdog, etc. possibly increase fat in our body, which will cause obesity. Indeed, fast food does harm to our health.

Secondly, quickly prepared food is likely to destroy our family atmosphere. It will rob us of the most valuable time when a family unite - meal time. Traditionally, family members gathered to set the table while the mother cooked. They had time to chat, to care for each others after a long time out. Therefore, the faster food is made, the shorter time they can spend together. What is more, a mother may be a little sad if fast food refrains them from showing their great cooking skills. Obviously, a rapid meal is not one's wish if he desires of a happy family.

Thirdly, where will our traditional cooking recipes go to if we continue to use instant food? With all sections prepared by producer, we do not have to bear in mind that annoying instructions. Gradually, we may forget them forever and our sons/daughters have nothing to pass down to their children. Finally, our tradion goes lost without our awareness.

In conclusion, easier cooking food deteriorates our life in three aspects: health, happy status and traditional value. I believe that we can likely enjoy a better life quality if we come back to traditional food, which proves to be much better in ways.

Time: 35 mins
Word Count: 331
OP Sophie Tran 1 / 4  
Hey everybody, please spend a little time on my essay. :( I would be very grateful. Thank you!
nak2011 2 / 1  
Hi im not a master at essays, so please take what i have to say open mindedly.
In your openning statement did you mean suitable or convenient and instant gratification. Suitable doesn't seem to carry the topic.
" It is packaged with other necessary additives..." wouldn't they be un-necessary additives.
How does prepared food destroy a family atmosphere?
I almost feel that your ending statement should be rewritten and combined with your first as an opening statement.
canizarro 2 / 2  
I'm preparing for toefl now, and not very good at wrighting, as far as I know your essay's logic is right and clearly, but the exampt you gave cann't catch with the title , just my personal idea
OP Sophie Tran 1 / 4  
Hi, first of all, thank you very much for your comments!
I agree with you that I should use "convenient" instead of "comfortable" :D
Moreover, I am with you again that the sentence "It is packaged with other necessary additives..." is irrelevant to the 1st major point! Maybe I'll replace or delete it!

However, do you think my essay is rather short when it comes to a TOEFL one???
Once again, thank you so much!

@canizarro: Hey thank you so much! I have to commit that I am very bad at choosing examples~ :D
In modern life, everything is made more suitable for humankind. Among the things made more suitable is food, which is becoming easier and easier to cook.

Moreover, these various kinds of fast food like noodles, hamburgers, hot dogs , etc. possibly increase fat in our body, which will cause obesity. Indeed, fast food does harm to our health.---- very good!!

What is more, a mother may be a little sad if fast food refrains takes away her opportunity to show her great cooking skills. ---- good point!!

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Easier cooking food deteriorates our life in aspects of: health, happy status and traditional value