IELTS essay TASK 2; it is easier to understand culture by speaking the language

lanazaldo 7 / 10  
TOPIC:
Some people think that person can never understand the culture of a country unless they speak the language.
Do you agree with this opinion?

There is a bulk of arguments pertaining language is the only way to interpret and to deepen the understanding of culture in a country. However, I partly agree towards this issue and consider that culture is wider than such a language as well as the natural behaviour from a community is the most proper method to grasp the fundamental layer of culture.

Culture is enormously large in types and the language is accurately able to reflect the way of the communities' thinking regarding the area where they live. Although it is only in one country, it could include a large number of traditions relying on the particular location and group of race inside. Taking Indonesia as an instance, this country has almost thousands of ethnic groups yet the Javanese tend to speak more softly than others since this behaviour is influenced by the tradition of the ancestors that most of great kingdoms in this country were from java region. Therefore, by speaking the native's languages, people will find out the details of the cultures that can be traced from the history, daily lives, and personalities.

However, the predominant points of culture understanding are not only from the language but also from other aspects. A culture can be interpreted by socialising to the core part of the culture related to engage in their traditional activities such as dances, ceremonies, and dresses. For example, if a person lives in other countries for a long time until he involves to the natives' tradition, he will have been recognised as a relative for the local people.Hence, a person is going to deepen the knowledge and to be closer to the community.

In conclusion, although language is valuable to use in order that a culture is more understandable, there are an array of key features to acknowledge the culture deeper.
Yonathan 46 / 65 5  
Hi Rizaldo
Let me give you some correction

... able to reflect the way of the communitiescollective thinking regarding ....
... particular location and group of the race inside.
... more softly than others tribes since this behaviour is ...
... of the culture related to engageengaging in their traditional activities ...
... for a long time until he involvesadopted to the natives' tradition,...

In conclusion, although (a) language is valuable to use ...

Thank you...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS essay TASK 2; it is easier to understand culture by speaking the language