[TOEFL] Eating at hove vs. eating out (my recommendation)

co11apse 5 / 16  
Writing topic: Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer?

Being as crucial as breathing, eating is not constant and we can choose places where to have a meal. Some people like to eat in restaurants or food stands. Others always eat at home and do not like to eat in public places. As for me, I prefer to eat out and below I'll try to explain why.

It is pleasant for me to eat in restaurants because there I can have a meal with my friends, discuss all the current affairs and we can always visit different places. Me and my friends usually meet in a restaurant for a dinner. The evenings for us are the most beautiful hours of the day and the views from restaurants windows or terraces is always fascinating. We always try to change locations and get together in different restaurants. Eating at home for me is boring. There I eat just to not be hungry, and restaurant is a place where I can enjoy talking to my friends and watching a picturesque views of streets or gardens.

Another benefit of eating out is that you do not need to cook for yourself. In a restaurant, you choose a meal from a variety of things in the menu and a chef will cook it for you.

Food stands are not so spectacular, but for me they still have some advantages which my kitchen does not provide. If I am in a hurry, I can visit a fast food place and get my meal in two minutes. If I try to eat at home, it will take me up to an hour to cook something.

Some people still prefer eating at home. They do not like the noise of restaurants and want to eat in silence or with relatives.
In conclusion, I would like to say that people should choose whether to eat at home or in the restaurants according to their desire. But my personal preference and recommendation is to eat out .
Msx punk 2 / 15  
Others always eat at home and do not like to eat in or (at) public places.
You can use I'm instead of saying "I am", or don't inteand of telling "do not".
PBP 3 / 9  
I think you should find another way to end the paragraph instead of saying " In conclusion".
OP co11apse 5 / 16  
Msx punk, I know, but it actually helps me get more the 300 words ;) It's not a mistake anyway

PBP, what's bad in this phrase? how would you suggest to end it?
Husseinova 7 / 13  
Your introduction is so weak, it can`t persuade the reader, especially the first sentence. Then, As for me is wrong.
and below I'll try to explain why. - and I am going to support my points below

It is pleasant for me to eat in restaurants because there I can have a meal with my friends - wrong! you can have meal with your friends wherever you want, at home our restaurants,etc. So, your point is not so strong.

you choose a meal from a variety of thingsdishesinfrom the menu

As your introduction, your conclusion is also not adequate.

You need to improve your writing skill. I suggest you to write 2 essays every day and read an article. Strengthen your ideas. good luck ))
Msx punk 2 / 15  
Co11apse, Oh that's wonderful. I need some help in grammer, can u plz help me?
Husseinova 7 / 13  
yes sure, you can get info from this link eslgold.com/grammar/toefl_grammar.html

or you can ask me whatever you want
ana_p 27 / 81  
Hi,

I think, you can add some more points to support your opinion such as:

1. It saves time, and we can utilize that time in some other important things such as, studying, reading, and in your hobbies etc.
2. I do not have to worry about grocery, cooking, and cleaning dishes...
3. Its good for students..

Hope this helps!!

Good luck!!

Thanks
Ana.

Home / Writing Feedback / [TOEFL] Eating at hove vs. eating out (my recommendation)