IELTS Task1: Eating sweet foods produces acid in the mouth, which can cause tooth decay

chainuser 2 / 4  
Describe the information below and discuss the implications for dental health.

The given line chart affords the alteration of the acid level in mouth after the consumption of sugar and honey. To clearly illustrate the condition which teeth were at risk, the graph labels PH levels above 5.5 as the safe region and levels below 5.5 as the dangerous region. As is observed from the chart, a dramatic change in the acid level occurs after the consumption of sweet foods and the teeth remain in danger until the level grows above 5.5 gradually.

Initially, the PH levels are 7 in the beginning. However, significant drops occur after having sugar or honey and it takes different times for each circumstance to leave the dangerous region. For example, after consuming cane sugar, the PH level falls to 3.5 in 5 minutes and the teeth remain at risk for about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, as having fruit sugar, the acid level drops below 4.5 in 5 minutes and the deleterious condition lasting for about 15 minutes. Further, the PH level is lower than 5 in 5 minutes when consuming honey and the teeth keep at risk for about 8 minutes.

Conclusively, eating cane sugar leads to the highest falling speed, the lowest PH level, and spends the longest time to recovering from the dangerous region. Therefore, cane sugar is a comparatively dangerous sweet item, while fruit sugar and honey are relatively safe items.

Rizkymarchanary 1 / 3 1  
hy chain
I'm trying to give you some advice on your writing.

the whole of your writing especially on your body lack of comparison among the data. I think you should give the information which the dangerous one after 5 minutes. it makes more clearly to the reader about the data and you can connect to the result after that. For instance, among the data given the line chart above that sugar cane is the most deleterious teeth after 5 minutes due to the ph is a fall dramatically from 7 to 3.5.

for the conclusion, the data show all of the varieties are ruin the teeth after 5 minutes and sugar cane become the longest spoil among fruit sugar and honey and you can add your own sentences
OP chainuser 2 / 4  
Thank you @Rizkymarchanary!!! I am thankful for your opinions which are really helpful. I will keep working hard to acquire better writings!!

Thanks a lot!!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task1: Eating sweet foods produces acid in the mouth, which can cause tooth decay