The Economist - What are the candidates' plans for America's budget?

Mathew88 3 / 4  
What are the candidates' plans for America's budget?

There is a different ideology between Barack Obama and one candidate of Amerika president selection. When the Barack Obama's era, they were controll the national debt and make it was a priority for Republicans. On the other hand, Democrats were less worried, and still saw the need for America to fix its long-run challenge: soaring spending on Medicare (public health insurance for the over-65s) and Social Security (public pensions).

Mr Trump as a candidate of Amerika's president selection eschews spending cuts. In fact that he wants to spend more The United States of America budget on infrastructure, the army, veterans, education and child care. But he has adopted other Republican orthodoxies. He wants big tax-cuts for the rich and for firms,

He believe that it would send the incomes of the top 1% of earners soaring by at least 10%. This would come at great expense: perhaps $7.2trn over a decade. In addition, Donald Trump said that tax-cuts and deregulation will boost economic growth to 3.5-4%, up from an average of 2.1% since the end of the recession, boosting the Treasury's coffers enough to pay for both lost revenues and spending increases. But that is just a fantasy. America is growing slowly for two reasons: the working-age population is shrinking, and productivity growth is low. If, as he promises, Mr Trump were to crack down on immigration and to shred trade deals, both problems would get worse, not better. For that reason, Mr Trump's fiscal policy would send the national debt soaring.
nda18 46 / 81 9  
Hi mathew88, here are y reviews towards your essay

1. When the Barack Obama's era, they were controlled the national debt

2. and make it wasbecame a priority for Republicans.
[ rather than using was, it will be better if you use linking verb(s) ]

3. In fact that he wants to spend more ...

4. perhaps $7.2trn turn over a decade

thankyou and good luck
amrillahmk 29 / 47 6  
... between Barack Obama and one candidate of Amerika president selectionAmerica presidential election. When the Barack Obama's era, they were controllcontrolled the national debt and make made it was a priority for Republicans.

... and deregulation willwould boost economic growth ...

Hi, honestly your writing is hard to understand. there are many grammar mistakes, and you do not express your idea clearly or what the main point of that article is. I noticed that it seems you have problem with subject+verb agreement, and the use of tenses as well as reported speech

keep writing though

Home / Writing Feedback / The Economist - What are the candidates' plans for America's budget?