Education is only accessible to privileged members of our society ? MUIS SCHOLARSHIP

yuzeee2 1 / -  
Outline interest in scholarship programEducation is an investment in human capital. Many unfortunate ones are deprived of this "capital" and thus its "returns" due to financial constraints. As difficult it may be for the University to fund every scholarship applicant due to its limited budget, strong academic performance somehow acts as a comfort for a potential applicant.

The study of commerce has always been my preferred choice of study and my strong transcripts only reinforces my belief of having what it takes to be a successful student.

During my enrollment in High School, I have received numerous academic accolades including an award for Excellent Performance in Business Studies and Excellent Performance in Economics. Perhaps the most significant of all was when I bagged the Faculty Award for 2013 awarded by Southshore School for A Levels Studies.

Financial distress is unhealthy for any student. The distress often results in their below average academic performance. Securing a scholarship reduces the financial distress as it's more of a financial and moral support for any student. Not only does it permit but also encourages a student to deliver their best consistently. It acts as a "push" factor for a student. It eases the financial pressure for a student which otherwise would have resulted in substituting overtime work hours for study and leisure (other extracurricular activities).

Indicate how the academic qualification will benefit youAccounting has always been my passion. My father (who serves as a senior assurance partner in Ernst and Young Pakistan) has always been an inspirational force for me.

Obtaining a degree in B Com (Professional Accounting) will not only upgrade my technical and analytical skills but also prepare me for the corporate world out there. The in depth course coupled with few internships during the semester breaks will make my skills more marketable to employers. The study relevant to my program of choice enables to acquire knowledge of a wider area. Gone are the days when the role of accountants was restricted to recording of financial transactions. The study of subjects like Economics, Management, Information System, Finance and Corporate Sustainability will broaden my horizons and give me a better insight of a modern day role of an accountant. The degree serves as a means to an end. It prepares a student for professional examinations like CPA, ICAA, ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW to name a few. A mere qualification without experience is like a man without limbs. Thus, after having successfully completed my degree, I'll apply for graduate programs in Big Four Accounting Firms. Additionally, the degree will also provide me with an opportunity to enroll myself in (Masters of Professional Accounting Advanced from Macquarie) during the later stages of my professional life. It will contribute towards my CPA program studies and offer a unique opportunity by providing generous exemption for CIMA Qualification with just one paper to attempt.

How your academic qualification will benefit your community.Pakistan, although is on the road of developing its educational system, but it still, to a larger extent, stands un-matched and un-paralleled to world standard of educational institutions. I strongly believe that national boundaries should not hamper one's need and hunger for best possible education and equal opportunity to education should be given to every global citizen despite of their territorial background, which will enhance and accelerate the global advancement and growth.

Giving back in life and profession is important and needs to be emphasized. What you have acquired in your life, you should share with those who are not that privileged or possess less. Many of us have or will achieve financial success through the profession or otherwise. If this be the case, I say it is time to share it with those who have less or need more.

The second aspect of giving back relates to our professional obligation for sharing knowledge and time. Giving back in our profession is to give back one's precious time and knowledge to help in education research, and progression of society. Albert Einstein claimed that the only rational way to educate is by example. A successful life embodies many qualities, but the important ones are self-discipline, self-reliance, and self-motivation.

I believe that there is vital importance in the preservation of the knowledge and examples of the personal attributes of leaders. Leadership is not an innate characteristic. It must be learned, and the future of our community will depend in many respects on how well our future leaders receive their training and impart their knowledge to the general society.
fahadbd 25 / 56 5  

I believe that there is a vital importance in the preservation of the knowledge and examples of the personal attributes of leaders. Leadership is not an innate characteristic. It must be learned , is acquired by learning and the future of our community will depend onmanythe respects onof how well our future leaders receive their training and impart their knowledge to the general society.

Home / Writing Feedback / Education is only accessible to privileged members of our society ? MUIS SCHOLARSHIP