'education is the backbone of success' - personal essay

sarahadams 11 / 22  
What made me realize that education is the backbone of success was when I was in the seventh grade the second time. I still remember the total shame that I felt entering the classroom and seeing all eyes gazing at me with total judgment that took control of their facial expressions, without one spoken word; their scrutiny was so loud and clear. In my graduation ceremony I received two awards; an Outstanding Academic Excellent Award and the English Outstanding Accomplishment Award. I finally understood what hard work was and realized that if I want to prove others wrong then I first have to prove myself right. I look back now and it makes me smile because the person I am today is a product of the person that went through that entire year of humiliation, understanding, and hard work. What I had gained that year was a blessing in disguise. That experience made me recognize the value of education and creating this personal goal of making a difference in the world.
AussieTechie - / 2  
What is the question you are responding to?
I feel that the premise is maybe a bit too pedestrian - could you write on something more unique?
Hope this was helpful :)

Home / Writing Feedback / 'education is the backbone of success' - personal essay