In education and employment, some people work harder than others. Why do some people work harder?

Red Moon 14 / 32 6  

IELTS WRITING TASK 2: HARD WORK

It is undeniable that at school and work, there are people who are more hard-working and industrious than others. The reasons for their great work ethic may vary, and hard work has a downside, but generally, I believe that diligence is vital to one's success.

It seems that hard-working is believed to be a virtue that contributes greatly to a person's well-being. Hard work usually guarantees positive outcomes. It appears that one's hard work will be paid off in the end. If a person is determined to learn to cook, they will soon be rewarded with delicious hand-made dishes. The same mindset applies to employment: employees earn high salaries by working hard with maximum efficiency to generate the best possible results. Additionally, people who put great efforts in their work can take pride in themselves for always trying their best and making the most out of their lives.

Despite having numerous benefits, industriousness has its limits. It is believed that merely working hard isn't enough for success since working smart is equally important. Aside from endurance and commitment, some work also requires the ability to make smart choices and find the best solution for a problem with the minimum time needed. Instead of planning carefully to use their working time efficiently, some employees overwork, which leads to disastrous consequences for their health, both mentally and physically. Overworking people work themselves to death just to damage their productivity and experience serious health problems like insomnia and depression.

In conclusion, although overworking may shorten a person's lifespan, in my opinion, a positive work ethic, in general, is the cornerstone of achievement.
cezar_matreniuc 1 / 2 1  
The essay is really great. One thing I might add is probably one more example and I would add a personal experience where you got convinced why your opinion is right

Home / Writing Feedback / In education and employment, some people work harder than others. Why do some people work harder?