Education in India: Are students failing or the system?

ekalamarsyari11 72 / 108 9  
TED summary

Sonam Wangchuk, an engineer, went to Ladakh to find his engineering study but eventually he and his friends established a student educational and cultural movement of Ladakh. Ladakh is a mountain desert located at 11.000 feet in the range shadow of Himalaya. Ladakh has minority society, culture, linguistic and crucial problem of education. He surprised that 95 percent of 10 degree students failed on their exam. He believes that it is failure of the system and not the student.

During seven years he succeeded to improve the quantity of student who passed the exam from 5 percent to 55 percent and went up to 75 percent in 2015. However, he did not leave the students who still had failed. He built a special residential school for them. In his view, they can explore the world and repair their failure. In these alternative school he set up a simulation country where there is a presidential election every two months, news paper campus , radio campus and so on. They experienced the real life role. Hence, at the end of the school they were mature to face the world. Moreover, in the school they performed many experiments and then they discovered many precious inventions.
dinafayna04 5 / 7 1  
Hello Eka, here some suggestions for you :

- Sonam Wangchuk, is an engineer, he went to Ladakh to find his engineering study

- but eventually he and his friends established a student educational and cultural movement of Ladakh.

- He believes that it is failure, because of the system, and not the student.

- However, he did not leave the students who still hadin failed.

- In these alternatives school, he sets up a simulation country where there is..

- They experienced the real life role( the sentences it is not interesting, may be you can change it)

- Moreover, in the school they performed many experiments and then they discovered many precious inventions.

Thnk you :))

Home / Writing Feedback / Education in India: Are students failing or the system?