Education Playground -- letters after your name

zoomdots 1 / -  
Educational playground:

There was a time when serving the needs of children with special needs motivated me, not because of the competion of fellow co-workers who completed their BA's BS's PHD's. Realizing that being apart of their family as a teacher had as much impact on my life as did the students who I helped to teach. As for the persons attempting to "rub it in" completed a BA, a BS, or a PHD and your here to aide are as challenging and distracting as the students at times.

The environment in which we are learning today is very competitive almost to be treated with respect one must prove the use of the intellect.There are many people who are very wise and uneducated,however the need to educate oneself and serve a community is a respectable mission.For instance to better understand each others cultures we learn to speak different languages, otherwise we use visuals and observations of behaviour. Without asking,discussing,communicating there are many misunderstandings.

Our communities in these times are full of diversity. We as people follow people as gods, especially the educated. Our communities also seek persons with experience to lead as role models. As for me, looking to the veteran teachers for inspiration to continue in college was a big surprise. Having a co-worker time and time again say oh, let the aide do it-in a demeaning tone, or oh she has the phd talk to her, and again authority given to the more educated person in the room as to enforce the pyramid structure of being put in ones place. For should I decide to continue in college I' d accept the respect of fellow workers as a human being not due to me because of a BA, BS, or PHD.

What is education? So far...
Education is very expensive but something that can not be returned.
Education requires dedication.
Education requires time.
Education requires understanding.
Let me please read any feedback: zoomdots
Rajiv 55 / 400  
--- You've got that right too and you've made some meaningful observations.
Question: What are you looking for? Just corrections to your grammar? Why did you give the title "educational playground:" to this post?

Seems to me you're 'pissed-off' with the BAs, BS, Phds...and think that they get respect because they have their degrees and not because they can actually do their jobs better. At least not this one, that you're yourself doing. You do it with your heart, and that has more meaning.

That said.. and that maybe correct, for what purpose have you written this? In some strange way I understand what you wish to say, I think, but to correct your language might give you the wrong impression. Your grammar isn't good but your communication is quite strong!
Realizing that being apart of their family as a teacher had as much impact on my life as did the students who I helped to teach.

I got confused when I read this. I realize now that you mean to say "a part of" rather than "apart," and that helps me to understand.

In this first paragraph you say that serving children's needs WAS important to you, that you were like part of the family, and that... something about people getting letters after their names: As for the persons attempting to "rub it in" (what does this mean? They are gloating about having degrees?) completed a BA, a BS, or a PHD and your here to aide are as challenging and distracting as the students at times. (Now you need to add one more sentence to this first paragraph -- a thesis statement that powerfully conveys your main argument.

I agree with you; degrees create false senses of pride, and they cause people to put the degree holder on a pedestal where they are given more credit than they have earned. On the other hand, it is hard to earn a degree! It is too bad that education is so expensive these days; many people would have degrees if they could afford them. I think you would sound more credible if you mentioned the financial factors that make the merit of degrees questionable. Also, though, I like the fact that your approach seems to say that the degree is nothing compared to the authentic desire to make a contribution.

Let's see some more of the essay! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Education Playground -- letters after your name