Educational systems of the United States and Ukraine

merukameru 1 / 2 1  
When I was reading an article by Maryna Irkliyenko for the first time I mentioned one important thing. In her article Maryna was basically comparing two different educational systems of the United States and Ukraine. When I was reading an article for the second time one question came to my mind: "What can be the main cause for such difference between two nations?".

I think we can find an answer for this question in the words of Maryna where she says "The mentality of cheating is so deeply ingrained in this nation almost from the start of life." From the history we know that the USA declared sovereignty more than two hundred years ago. While Ukraine's "start of life" as an independent nation began in 1991 and before it was under the Soviet Union. In the period when democracy flourished in the US countries, Ukraine had to fall into line with strict rules of Soviet Union; and in the period when American people had freedom at studying, Ukrainian people were under restrictions and always lived in "fear". Maryna's word "ingrained" in her article describes perfectly why professors in Ukrainian University intimidate students. All of this because of educational system settled as far back as in Soviet Union time. Consequently, the attitudes towards education of two countries are different. When an American student attends university in order to get knowledge, Ukrainian student attends university in order to satisfy teachers' expectations.

From my point of view Ukraine just a simple example of many Eurasian nations because Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and other the former Soviet Union countries had the same situation in terms of educational system. I think a simple solution might be deliverance from authoritarian system in schools and universities and finally switch to democracy in every sphere of life as well as the US. Only after that we can get deliberate and responsible attitude towards education where no one will cheat.
When I was reading an article by Maryna Irkliyenko for the first time I mentionedcame across one important thing.

In her article Maryna was basically comparingthe two different educationaleducation systems of the United States and Ukraine.

"What can be the main cause for such difference between two nations systems?".

... here the difference is between the two education systems and not nations.
I think we can find an answer for this question in the words of Maryna.where sheShe says "The mentality of cheating is so deeply ingrained in this nation almost from the start of life."

From the history we know that the USA declared sovereignty more than two hundred years ago. Whilewhile Ukraine's "start of life" asbecame an independent nation began in 1991 and before it was under the Soviet Union.

...and in the period when American people had freedom at studying, Ukrainian people were under the Communist rule with more restrictions and always lived in "fear"experiencing rigid bureaucratic rules .
OP merukameru 1 / 2 1  
dumi
Thank you a lot!!!
Maryna's word "ingrained" in her article describes perfectly why professors in Ukrainian University intimidate students.

Maryna uses the word "ingrained" to perfectly describe why the Ukrainian University professors intimidate their students.

All of this because of educational system settled as far back as in Soviet Union time. Consequently, the attitudes towards education of two countries are different.

It is a part of the traditional attitude towards education that was formed as far back as times of Soviet Union. As a result, there is a significant difference between the perceptions of education in the two countries.

When an American student attends university in order to get knowledge, Ukrainian student attends university in order to satisfy teachers' expectations.

The American students attend university to acquire knowledge while Ukranian students do it to satisfy the teachers' expectations.

From my point of view Ukraine just a simple example of many Eurasian nations because Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and other the former Soviet Union countries had the same situation in terms of educational system.

I believe that Ukrain' s education system well replicates the systems that prevail in many Eurasian nations such as Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and other former states of Soviet Union.
OP merukameru 1 / 2 1  
Thank you!!!
Your corrections are perfect!

Home / Writing Feedback / Educational systems of the United States and Ukraine