TOEFL: An effective leader tries to make others feel they are part of the decision-making process.

jyong101 1 / 1  
How to make decisions effectively? An increasing number of people, especially company leaders, are considering about this question. Some people believe that making decisions by themselves could bring more benefits for their businesses because they can make choices faster. Personally, I hold the view that it is worthwhile and necessary to make others involve in the process of decision making.

First and foremost, group discussion offers more suitable decisions than a single person does. That is why the company board exists. Problems faced by managers are usually complicated, for example, establishing a new plant in a foreign country, or investing on a research of a new product. Those decisions are difficult for a single person to deal with due to the limitation of personal experience and ability. However, a group of people can provide various suggestions from different angle based on their information and resources. After the "brain storm", a proper and practical decision could be achieved. On the contrary, an unrealistic choice made by a single person without consideration is definitely ineffective, only a waste of time.

In addition, besides the increase on accuracy, the decision made by groups are also easy to be carried out. Employees regard the decision as their own because they feel they make contributions during the making process. With the passion activated by the group decision, they are willing to engage themselves in the task and achieve the common goal. Even if some unexpected difficulties coming, they will try their best to figure out by themselves. However, if employees think the task is none of their businesses, or even against their will basically, their efforts will decease undoubtedly.

Last but not the least, company leaders will be more focus if they adopt the way of group decision. One's energy and time is limited in general. As a company leader, one must save his/her attention on those most urgent or significant situation. So letting other people help him/her on less important things could be a better choice. With the help from others, the manager can keep a cool head in business negotiations or other crucial situations like that. On the contrary, one could be trapped by daily trifles if he/she is reluctant to share rights with his/her coworkers.

With all the grounds stated above, I do believe that as a leader, one should let others involve in the decision-making process, especially for whom wants to run the company efficiently and effectively.
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
Those decisions are difficult for a single person to deal with due to the limitation of personal experience and ability. However, a group of people can provide various suggestions from different angle based on their information and resources.

Great sentences!

On the contrary, an unrealistic choice made by a single person without consideration is definitely ineffective, only a waste of time.

What do you mean by the bold part. It seems that the idea is inappropriate in the context.

However, if employees think the task is none of their businesses, or even against their will basically, their efforts will deceasebe wasted undoubtedly.
It's good to include your full prompt in the post so that we get a better understanding as to what it expects from you. Do it from next time you open a fresh thread :)

ome people believe that making decisions by themselves could bring more benefits for their businesses because they can make choices faster.

Is your prompt specific on business decisions? Or was it a general issue on any decision making ? I guess it is the second one and if so, make sure you always stay with your prompt.

First and foremost, group discussion offers more suitablematured and careful decisions than the ones made b y a single person does.
OP jyong101 1 / 1  
Thank you very much! That's really help me a lot! I will do that next time.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: An effective leader tries to make others feel they are part of the decision-making process.