TV is the most effective media to spread information and communicating culture

jamliu0229 9 / 24  
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.
Comics
Books
Radio
Television
Film
Theatre

In present-day society, our daily lives are inundated with abundant information. Consequently, various medias appear in all kinds way. Replace books, a traditional communicating way, radios and televisions have become the two main ways to spread news.

It is well-known that books laded the history and culture of human being for thousands of years. However, the staggering advancement of technology is attended by plunging publications of books. Although books can preserve all information in libraries and bookstores for ages, they are hard to adjust to the fast-pace society. In fact, there will no time to publish books for some urgent news. On the contrary, televisions and radios are more effective to spread information. They enable to inform public in a quick way, especially to the broadcast and daily news, these data do not need to preserve for a long time.

In terms of attracting to individuals, books are inferior to televisions and radios. Most youngsters cannot concentrate on reading books for hours but are addicted to watching televisions and films, whilst senior citizens prefer listening to radios rather than reading books because of failing eyesight. Furthermore, seldom books have vivid pictures, which leads to them have less and less attracting to people. New technology makes the world small and most information can be seen through television and internet conveniently and attractively.

Accordingly, compared to others, television is the most effective media to spread information and communicating culture. There is not family has no television, for it is the key device to know outside the world. Televisions bring us not only the information but amusement and relaxation. It is a fantastic time to watching television the whole family together.
ekekek 25 / 51  
Hi, Jam~

Above all, your essay is a good one.
But I think you still could stengthen your argument more~~
1. your opinion could be pointed out clearer~~
2. As you want to prove that "television is the most effective media to spread information and communicating culture. " you could emphsise on culture communication in the third para.

Katie

Home / Writing Feedback / TV is the most effective media to spread information and communicating culture