TV is most effective; parents should choose which programme is suitable for kids

Callie0202 5 / 14  
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.
-comics
-books
-radio
-television
- film
- theatre

With the development of technologies, the media for communicating information are no longer limited to books. On the contrast, television and film are attracting an ongoing concern. However, each tool of communication has its upsides and backsides. In the essay, I will analyse the both sides of three media, namely books, television and film, and find out the most effective one.

Firstly, books have its particular advantages. We can read the historical stories through books since they are the only recording tunnel in the ancient time and have been passed down from generation to generation. However, books seem not suitable to the modern lifestyle which demands for convenience and efficience, because books take up more space and cost humanbeings amounts of time to look for wanted words.

Secondly, unlike books, television possesses the advantagese of more chlice and vividness. The diversity of TV programme offer the audience changing channels freely at any time when they do not like the present shows. What is more, the effect of picture and sound enhance individuals understanding to the programme. Neverless, not all the programme diplayed on the screen are health and safe fr children since some of them are violent.

When it comes to film, they offer residents an exciting or happy eperience within a short of time so that the audience can escape from the current lives for a while.On the other hand, since that the showing time is short, the producer can not always tell the stories well or make the scene excellent.

By and large, compared to the other two media, television is the most effective ways of communicating information, and while the parents should choose which programme is suitable for children.
On the contrastother hand,
television and film are attracting an ongoing concern.

This is not a complete sentence. You need to specify what this concern is, otherwise this sentence becomes useless :(

However, each tool of communication has its upsides and backsides.

... well.... "upsides and backsides" is not a proper usage. You can say "positives and negatives" or "pros and cons" or "advantages and disadvantages" or "pluses and minors" or "merits and demerits"

We can read the historical stories through books since they are the only recording tunnel in the ancient time and have been passed down from generation to generation.

recording tunnel?
Books are the only source that provides us with information about history because this had been the media used for recording historical events that were passed down form generation to generation. ... however, I don't agree with this because now every detail of history is available with electronic medias and with a click @ google you get loads of info.
OP Callie0202 5 / 14  
... however, I don't agree with this because now every detail of history is available with electronic medias and with a click @ google you get loads of info.

Thank you for the reply.
About the sentence"Books are the only source that provides us with information about history because this had been the media used for recording historical events that were passed down form generation to generation", I meaned that books was the only option that our ancestors had to record the stories that became the available resource for us to know the history. I am not sure how to express it in English and whether it is supporting the topic of the paragraph.

thanks again

Home / Writing Feedback / TV is most effective; parents should choose which programme is suitable for kids