(WT2) the effects of genetic engineering on our life.

mayjanehre 2 / 2  
hi guys, firstly I want to say thanks to you guys for helping me with checking my previous essay, your feedbacks are really helpful for me. here is my writing task 2, please give me some feedback, thanks a lot!

Genetic engineering is an important issue in society today. Some people think that it will improve people's lives in many ways. Others feel that it maybe a threat to life on earth.

Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

People have different views on whether or not genetic engineering is fortifying our life standards. Although it can not totally deny the obvious advantages it bring for our modern lives, i personally believe that there is some existing drawback of its to our planet.

On the one hand, there are plenty of improvements in most of the aspects of our life. In the past, some original products could not own the good properties, in other word, it did not bring high nutrition quality, or good taste and what is more, productivity. For example, there were many destroyed crops due to their weak trait itself- which made them die easily from severe weather, insects or if they did not, the products of the harvest were usually in an extremely low standard. Therefore, thanks to genetic engineering changing the structure of gen, the scientist have brought out a lot of new species which are far better than the original version, they have outstanding features such as productivity, ability to survive under the bad weather.

On the other hand, it should be considered to be underlying intimidation to the life of human-being. The reason for this is that genetic engineering may be taken advantage of for some dark purposes or even some unexpected attributes accidentally created and especially GM products is too expensive for people in developing countries. to illustrate, some research shows that gen engineering outputs can cause allergic reactions for some people, or even toxin from them have been detected in human's blood.

In conclusion, there are convincing arguments both for or against the influence of gen engineering, but i believe that besides the plus point of this method to our lives, there are still have some negative effects we need to be careful with.
Please familiarize yourself with the various discussion formats for the various question types in the Task 2 test. In this instance, you did not actually discuss the essay based on the indicated format. This is essay asks you to discuss both points of view and give your opinion. So the 2 reasoning paragraphs must be discussed in the following manner:

Sentence 1: Public point of view statement
Sentence 2: Reason for this public point of view (explanation via third person pronouns)
Sentence 3: Transition sentence opposing said point of view
Sentence 4: Your personal point of view ( Using first person pronouns)
Sentence 5: Explain your point of view as it opposes or supports (one paragraph for each opinion) the public point of view to prove the strength of your opinion.

In your restatement, you changed the discussion from "Discuss both points of view and present your own opinion" to "i personally believe that there is some existing drawback of its to our planet." Based on your personal opinion, you did not understand that the discussion is to be based on your understanding of the 2 public points of view. You have to oppose one public point of view and then support the other. You cannot just present a generalized comparative discussion.

As it is, the essay will be graded based on an unrelated response to the topic because you changed the discussion theme throughout the essay. Therefore, you will not be able to get a passing score for this presentation. There were only 2 points for discussion in this essay:

- Some people think that it will improve people's lives in many ways
- Others feel that it maybe a threat to life on earth.

Your personal opinion should have been formulated based on those 2 discussion points. It should not have been based on your belief about existing drawback of genetic engineering. That is not a topic that was part of the original discussion considerations.

Home / Writing Feedback / (WT2) the effects of genetic engineering on our life.